Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. remi.

remi. Member

2. bleAf!

bleAf! (Taking a Break)

Something about EB games I've heard is if you are having the game delivered and actually want the game on release day then avoid EB. Apparently they don't deliver so that you would receive the game on release.

3. manrig

manrig Member

This is cheapest I've seen.

Wouldn't it be better to digital order?

I already have beta access so It's a simple key update in my profile to allow full game-play.

I'd prefer it that way rather than having to wait for my discs to arrive before I can get the key.

Thoughts?

4. tradez

tradez Member

What settings are you trying to run at? I fear for my setup :(!

5. Velicoma

Velicoma Member

What compatibility issues? There's only Mac and PC versions.

What do you mean simple key update? As I'm fairly certain the beta client is completely different to the retail client.

You don't need to be in the beta to activate a key on your Bnet account to access D3.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  6. Autti

Autti Member

yeah you've got that one wrong manrig. the game client is a lot bigger and completely different to the beta client.

7. manrig

manrig Member

I was under the assumption once you activate your retail game key the update client will update retail files on top of my existing beta client & game files.

That aside, JB Hi-fi have an allow 3 day shipping disclaimer on their D3 pre-order page. I'm not sure I'm prepared to wait >3 days come release compared to an instant key via digital copy pre-order.

8. Vaempyr

Vaempyr Member

I'm just going to grab the digital download from Blizzard, and I'll probably per-order just so it's done.

Simple, no box or discs, and the price isn't really much different from what the standard version will retail for.

9. Autti

Autti Member

It will update currently if you have purchased digitally from blizzard, the download is 7.6Gb and can be done right now.

You can't download the client unless you have purchased from Blizzard, so you can't preload it and wait for your CD key to come in the mail.

10. manrig

manrig Member

Yep :thumbup:

It would be handy if Blizzard would provide the option with digital download to have downloadable files split up into DVD disc sizes for burning backup hard-copies.

11. Vaempyr

Vaempyr Member

Downloading it early sounds like a good plan.

12. manrig

manrig Member

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

I figured the beta client is part of the final retail copy and would save me some downloading time.

13. Velicoma

Velicoma Member

Why not get a cheap thumbdrive? It's only 8GB anyway, you could just download it again.

14. manrig

manrig Member

Yeah. $80 is still a fair price and I would pre-order in a heart-beat but I might wait a month to see if something cheaper is available.

Is digital download only offered by Blizzard pre-order ATM?

15. manrig

manrig Member

Good point. :thumbup:

16. Vaempyr

Vaempyr Member

As best I understand, yes.

17. Autti

Autti Member

sorry you were correct about that.

the beta client does save you some bandwidth, but only downloading it from blizzard will update the beta.

any other download source will be a total install (12Gb)

18. manrig

manrig Member

Awesome thanks :thumbup:

19. ben333_333

ben333_333 Member

I preordered from Blizzard and was wondering about the CD key - so will they email one on May 15th? Or physically mail me a copy around then?

Not sure how it works :/

20. manrig

manrig Member

Unless I'm mistaken, digital pre-order via Blizzard; the game becomes available for you to download come May 15th (key inclusive), no disks will be sent out; downloading is your method.

Not to leave anything to assumptions but seeing as Blizzard are creators of the game & hosting digital download, Diablo 3 should be available via Blizzard the day of May 15th.

Pre-ordering through anyone but Blizzard and you run the risk of waiting a few days to get your key. Unless your one to pick up your copy in-store; but then you have a potential long wait in a queue and the chance of stock not being available (Assuming store pick up is an option)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012