Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Farm up using the barb, pick up some fat juicy red gems, and reduced level requirement items and hand 'em over to the crusader.

2. Theodolite

Theodolite Member

Haven't bought this yet, got burnt on vanilla D3 badly. Does this bring back the old D2 feeling of just one more run for sweet, sweet shinies? I'm hoping so.

3. sam1123

sam1123 Member

Not what you are after but I saw this paragon point calculator last week: http://p2optimizer.altervista.org/

4. iinsom

iinsom Member

Very much has revived my love for diablo (thousands of hours into d2.)

5. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

yeah man - get on board

6. domdomdom

domdomdom Member

Basically describes the current status of the game...just...one...more...run...

7. uncle_jim

uncle_jim Member

So for the wizards out there, I found this new build today:

Arcane Torrent wizard

I love the synergy in this one, and it could be quite brutal with some skill and elemental damage buffs and the passive DPS from Frost Nova and Magic Weapon. It's making me want to reroll my otherwise rubbishy Moonlight Ward.

I've never had the hang of channeling based builds but this looks like one I have to try. Frozen Orb's been kind but is a bit samey now.

Edit: for full disclosure, I found someone in the diablofans forums with it. I've not played around enough to be that innovative.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  8. Bertross

Bertross Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11986398637

here is how elemental is applied

you simply can't manage a endless community. You would quickly fill up and idiots / spammers / assholes / nobodies / stagnant players etc...

With a Clan we can manage a roster for LADDER which i posted about yesterday. No one seem to realise >> which is coming in the next large patch in a few months.

We can also control the idiots / spammers / assholes / nobodies / stagnant players in a clan. Ive rejected more invites to the clan then we have in it currently. A lot of them being new players to D3 who don't even know OCAU.

I know its a pain to enrol to a clan and what not but in the end we have a group of players what are close to each other and understand each others timeframe language and whatever else an open bases community cannot handle. Like Jaxmax and myself said the clan is for frequent and hardcore players who put a lot of time and effort into a game like Diablo. Truth be told my game time is not that of some of the regulars i see on all day but i think from an input perspective and some of the knowledge of this game I'm ok with the admin roll for now. My overtime in game though it about 200 hours so yeah done the rounds.

If it gets to busy at work i have those officers to help out and get the clan involved and they to know a lot about the game etc...

We got that backup option for the casual gamer who might want to chat for 2 hours and farm 1 rift a night and progress like a snail due to personal goals etc..

So yeah imo having both is good.

9. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Replace the first post vid with this one.

Love this guy!

10. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

From my reading, communities can also be made private...

In fact, the only thing a clan has that's different was the can tag above name and the 120 player limit. I probably read it incorrectly, though. I'm sure there would be less 'casual' organisational tools for a clan, esp. with ladder coming up.

11. Bertross

Bertross Member

added both :)

205 i think now is the threshold. Don think i can promote in the community. I still have it as private.

12. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

I figured the same?

13. Bertross

Bertross Member

you an be in multiple communities i think as well. And switch chat channels etc... that I'm unsure of. Also its a pain to enter the community chat you manually have to open it upon log in.

Admin and officers also have private chat to. And I'm sure with the community chat once it hits 100 in the chat who ever is not in the main chat goes to a sub channel so then we would be split up sometimes.

14. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Tell me about it. I said I would get some sleep before 11 last night. Didn't finish til 12:45 lol. :lol: Loving Adventuring mode with bounties. 5 short/med run and you get a cache of loot + whatever drops from the bounties. Then you can go into the rift if you have time. :thumbup:

15. Bertross

Bertross Member

yup thats when i had to stop as well. I would have kept going if i didn't have work. Would have like to level to 70 in one game!

back onto the community thing, not many are actually apart of it comparing the clan.

16. antstar

antstar Member

I don't think you can also hop into other clan members public games easily either. The best feature I think.

17. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

so is anyone trying to craft legends atm? if so which ones?

i got the plan for the demon hide set.. not sure if i should bother trying to make it.

18. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Member

Thanks for posting uncle_jim. I'll be giving this a go tonight as I haven't quite found the right build just yet. I actually do prefer channeling based builds but with everything kind of turned on it's head since patch 2.0 and RoS I'm happy to try anything these days.

Event Horizon seems to be gaining quite a bit of popularity. Would be popular in parties.

19. domdomdom

domdomdom Member

I've just got the bracers from Malth, but haven't done enough farming/salvaging to upgrade the Blacksmith yet let alone enough to spam craft things!

In due time =)

Edit: In denial I spent most of them on re-chanting my gear to better stats...damn in game gambling.

20. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

i got those too .. i think i will try and make a few ... cause the extra resource can really up your dps.