Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. japes

japes Member

It's a 31% drop rate on Torment 1, so make sure you don't just run it on Normal (where the drop rate is still 15%..)

2. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

I've found maghda really easy to farm, from road to alcarnus it takes hardly any time to rush to her and I reckon I've got tormented soul over 50% of the time on T2 haha, the actual drop rate is meant to be about 37% on T2. Runs are very quick so it's not too hard to farm at all, I had more trouble with getting enough veiled crystals to craft the gloves (they need 90 each lol)

3. oinkoink

oinkoink Member

Yeah I do T1, still haven't gotten any!

4. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

She popped out from cursed chest. I got 2 from 2. Torment 4 while I was hunting for shatter core.

5. Usopp

Usopp Member

just had some random dc, one from rift, then 5 min later another one in tristam

6. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Thanks. I doubt I can take her on T1 though, Master would be ok I reckon. So lots and lots of runs ahead haha.

7. Bertross

Bertross Member

IMO you don't farm mats in t1 you want t3+, its a waste to try on t1 mostly. Unless you can skip all the trash before the mag fight and 1 shot elites on the way.

From memory R3S and myself could burn her down in a few seconds on t1 so yeah if your taking 5 mins on her and 5+ to get to her its not worth it.

He would spirit walk plus chicken run and I would steed charge to skip the trash.

Its that same with deaths breaths. Its about 1 in 4 elites drop it. How many elite can you hammer through on t1 before a mag fight? I reckon 4-5. So roughly you would need to kill her 15-20 on t1 at least to maybe get a drop.

Gtarmanrob I would suggest to skip her mats and focus on gold and getting blacksmith mats and get your gear to t1. You can craft gear from a level 12 blacksmith all rares for cheap and do t1-2 easily. Once you can do that then farm for leg mats.

I'd reckon you would get to your goal quicker then farming master on her. You can roughly craft gear to boost your DPS to 400-500k DPS from average rares. That's what I did when I levelled my crusader.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  8. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

My 2 from 50 was all on T2. 31% BS

9. japes

japes Member

I've currently got 11 Tormented Soul's in my stash just from random bounties. It's an accurate figure.

10. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

i farm her on t1 real quick and i have been getting heaps? I do have 50% mf dunno if that helps lol (already have cain's but want better rolls on gloves!)

11. insidious

insidious Member

Did a few experimental runs with Badger and Threecats last night. Sprint/Gangway with Strongarms is virtually a permanent 30% dmg buff :D

Also found another trifecta Magefists, yay for DH gear!

Quick tips I've discovered that I'd like to share; today's topic is Bag Micro!
    - Nemesis, Conduit, Warchezian Armguards, *InsertFavouriteMobilitySkillHere* = lulz on crack!
    - If you have Lut Socks, you can micro them on, triple leap, then swap to your preferred +skill dmg boots for maximum deeps :Pirate:
    - There's a Legendary on the other side of a ravine? Is it on a different altitude to you? Jump to it with a single bound (or two), pick it up, and hop right back to where you were! Also love the really sick rift wrap-up combo with the tp/leap/close rift/leap/salvage combo :thumbup:
    - Got IK set? Summon your 3 stooges, then swap back to your dps gear, win-win!

Have fun :)

12. OJR

OJR Member

^^ WTF are you talking about? :lol:

13. Henry

Henry Member

Finally feeling comfortable with T1 after changing to disintegrate. It's ridiculous how much better it is than Frozen orb... I even had more bonuses to frozen orb (15% bonus on helm or something and cold blooded passive) and it still felt way underpowered in comparison.

Had a bit of a purple patch last night. Set and leg items dropping like candy. Raekkors boots, Firebirds chest, chantodos wand, a leg quiver plan and a few random leg items all in a few hours. Poor guy I was doing rifts with only got 2 legs in the same amount of time.

14. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

i've had that happen before where you get a tonne of legendaries but never have i had that experience since :(

15. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Since they nerfed FO, anything is better!

16. Onthax

Onthax Member

yep, normally on my clan's vent which we can use, or skype.

17. Bertross

Bertross Member

I wouldn't say Frozen Orb was nerfed (nerfed is not even a proper word lol) per say i would say it was brought back in line with the other spells because everyone was using Frozen Orb.

So to give the wizard diversity this had to happen.

18. Elfanger

Elfanger (Banned or Deleted)

It was made worse than it previously was, hence nurfed. Whether it is weaker, stronger or in line with other skills is irrelevant. It was still made weaker to what it used to be.

19. Henry

Henry Member

It's really not terribly useful at the moment though as it uses much more AP than disintegrate or RoF. Shame too because I picked up an OK azurewrath.

20. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

Does anyone have a good link on how dmg is calculated with regards to elemental dmg?

Trying to understand what is better at what point

Crit %
    Crit dmg
    Elemental dmg

I'm thinking the dps formula would be

(wep dmg)*(skill dmg%)*(matching elemental dmg)

and with crit chance
    (wep dmg)*(skill dmg%)*(matching elemental dmg)*(crit chance)*(crit dmg %)