1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. yucatan

yucatan Member

2. leck

leck Member

Can't wait. With hellfire amulets, leg gems and tiered rifts it sounds like a lot of fun. I don't think I'll do seasons tho :p

3. r3s

r3s Member

The greatest tanks in the game just got tankier
    Zdps monks will NEVER die lol.

"Dexterity & Survivability:

A major change is coming to Dexterity to benefit Demon Hunters and Monks. Each point of Dexterity will grant 1 point of Armor instead of Dodge chance. Dodge isn’t as reliable as Armor or Resistances and doesn’t protect you from some of the most dangerous monster affixes like Plagued or Thunderstorm. In light of this buff, the existing passives that grant 30% of your Dexterity as Armor (Seize the Initiative and Awareness) will be completely redesigned."

Also with the hellfire amulet people seem to be focusing on having to get that 1 passive that they want....... you actually only need 1 of 5 passives which is a pretty good chance as you can swap if it rolls to something u are already using.

I would love to fit gruesome feast into my speed farming T6 build with TOTD, would buff out to 5m dps lol.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

I wish I could use TOTD, but I can't survive T6 without the Ukhapian Serpent! How have you managed it?

5. leck

leck Member

The dex->armor thing is pretty lame. I always thought dodge should have an offensive component like a counterattack. Would suit much better that way and add a lot of potential dps. How good would it be to dodge an attack and backhand the mob while doing so. Suits DH/Monk perfectly.

They could have even used area damage for the counterattack base damage. That way it would make 2 affixes worth something haha.

Also, dodge should actually dodge... not dodge 'some things' which doesn't include any of the real damage sources in the game ie elite affixes.

6. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

It certainly isn't as good as a WD but in terms of Wizard builds it is pretty effective...

7. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Interesting to see how the healing changes to globes affect barbs as we are quite reliant on them, if barbs get nerfed again :upset:

8. r3s

r3s Member

Check my gear and skills/passives.

I still die but generally due to stupidity and trying to go as fast as possible through T6 and hitting multiple elite packs.

Main points are speed and CDR, bigger packs are better then smaller packs, garg smashes stuff and resets spiritwalk and piranhado through the grave injustice passive and 38% CDR that i run.

Spamming piranhado at the feet of your garg creates lots of dead stuff fast which gives you healing globes which u syphon up with TOTD :)

Most rifts i have Wrathful Protector garg up 90% of the time , the rest is low mobs which fetishes and garg dog mop up.

I do have a lot of very good gear tho ( and remember i have a shitload of paragon points to allocate as well ) i run 10.7m toughness atm, if you want to do speed farming try T5

Granted i have arcane immune amulet on all the time, and a hot swap star of azkaranth for shit horde/mortar mobs that dont die under 5 seconds.

I also have a serpent with pretty much identical stats to my TOTD which i can hot swap in, but i don't usually need to anymore.

9. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

Freiking game crashed again consistently last night :upset::upset:

10. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

all zdps monks will be using str and int gear already, this just makes it easier.

11. r3s

r3s Member

Yes and now they will do more DMG as well cause they can use dex for both armor and dps lol.

Also using DEX from PG points means even more armor.

Might be able to speed farm using "z"dps monks solo now :D

12. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

rimeheart + frost burns, who needs dps :0. they are changing One With Everything which will reduce survivability.

13. PureFire

PureFire Member

Im predicting the PTR to be out this Thursday. Cant wait.

Hopefully the latest snapshot of our characters is from Tuesday, cause I just farmed up enough keys to run some ubers, before maintenance.

14. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

are the existing keys going to be used to make amulets, that would seem wrong to me ?

15. prophey

prophey Member

Had the most fun i've had in awhile last night after not playing for most of 2 weeks. I had an hour before maint and wasn't going to hang around but by the time I stuffed around on the PC it was 10.45pm so decided to hang around and did a few rifts. So glad I did. As i'm spending more time on my DH these days, I picked up a str Thunderfury and a Marauder helm. Both rolled pretty well and first for both for me.

Thanks to Keggy/JAXMAX and to a lesser extent Icywater.

It's the little things for me given how little I play compared to others. I am now back on the train baby.. choo choo!!

16. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Good time to come back too, big changes coming!

Had a really good run last night:

Tasker and Theo
    2x Akkhan Chest
    Akkhan Boots
    Akkhan Gloves
    Unity (first one ever, dex roll ruined it though)

17. partiky

partiky Member

so is it still 5 for when u solo a rift? if not im set for life with fragments if it is 1 only

18. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

I think its 1 per rift, basically big nerf to RIF

19. Henry

Henry Member

It gets rid of the incentive for the person who opened the rift to share but I'm sure there are nice people out there who like to help out others though.

20. mtw

mtw Member

Yep, the change to 1 rift fragment is awesome. I kind of like that RIF will essentially die out.

The change to dex will also allow me to make a DH :D (I play HC).

Not sure I'll bother with seasons though.