1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Yes definitely, the community won't die but I believe it will be nerfed as the people who weren't doing it to be helpful wont bother anymore

2. Henry

Henry Member

Long live OCAU clan chat instead.

3. melbnut

melbnut Member

If you are in the clan that is :(

4. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

2.1 Changes sounds great, will certainly give the game a fresh feel and hopefully give me another 100+ hours of gameplay :D

Because atm i log in, do 1 T6 rift and i'm bored.... Not having anything to really upgrade is the cause of this, 0 incentive to kill stuff = 0 reason to want to play. Greater rifts sound like a hell of a challenge and one i am looking forward to. Also looking forward to starting a Seasonal Character and starting from scratch again, sounds like a bit of fun :thumbup:

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Play a new class. Change things up.

6. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

It seems I'm not the only one with this frustrating crashing:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10271027474

Here's something for me to try tonight:

go to "My Documents/Diablo III" open D3Prefs.txt and find "DisableTriliniarFiltering" and set it to 1.

save and then try Diablo 3 again, i bet this will fix all your issues, for some reason after the recent patching Triliniar filtering has been causing mass video card heat issues and a lot of frame rate issues.

Also verify that your Nvidia drivers are profiling Diablo 3 correctly i have read/seen this issue as well.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  7. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

LOL that is the problem, i have every class essentially in Best In Slot Gear and T6 capable so yeah.....even across all classes there aren't any upgrades. The only 2 items i need in the game in it's current state is a Furnace and a Fate of The Fell for my Crusader.

The Furnace is one of the rarest items in the game and if i haven't seen one in my first 600 hours of RoS then who's to say i'll see one in the next even 100 (which i cannot even comprehend playing before 2.1) And FoTF isn't enough incentive to grind for hours on end for because i don't overly enjoy the crusader. It's all good, having a break atm is quite refreshing, although very boring because i don't have anything else to occupy my time with :( I even fired up Counter-Strike yesterday out of desperation haha, it was actually quite fun, brought back a lot of memories :thumbup:

8. PureFire

PureFire Member

Keys don't make the amulets or rings, they create infernal machines that open the portals to ubers. You're thinking of organs that the ubers drop.

9. prophey

prophey Member

10. Bertross

Bertross Member

I was on with OJR the other day and he got the furnace in my game and gave it to me because it was a 2 hander lol.

I said thanks. :) he knew it was worth a lot.

Im still chasing the FOFT (or a better Dark Light), i love the crusader atm, the fire version is BS for AOE. I can speed bounty without stopping on trash they all melt with my horse.

11. mtw

mtw Member

Have you done it in HC yet? If not, then you're basically playing the tutorial still :p

/scbashing

12. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I have 2 HC toons and i am now out of character slots :(

13. Bertross

Bertross Member

Yes indeed. I like to help when I can :)

14. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

yeah but are the existing keys going to open portals that will drop items to make the new amulets or not.

I would assume there would be some sort of new key system, but maybe not.

15. insidious

insidious Member

Conquests sound like actual achievements unlike the current 'I hit cap on all classes/my paragon e-peen is over 9000/I can automate a full 6pc set!' Bring on hardcore speedruns! :thumbup:

Loving the concept of Greater Rifts; less time wasted waiting for derpy ppl trying pick up *everything* (town runs lasting more than 15secs shits me to tears, does it really take that long to point and click 30 times?! :Paranoid:), and more killing uptime! :D

Hellfire Ammy will be hipster for a few wks before the key/mat grinding becomes a chore, it's a nice additional something to do I suppose :)

Dex giving +armour instead of dodge%...about fkn time!
    Always felt healing scaled pretty badly, a very nice streamlining change there.

Looking forward to trying out the PTR :D

16. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

free t4 rift guardians via my twitch

17. Tenoq

Tenoq Member

Diablo 3/RoS Discussions / Apply For Clan Details in OP

Yeah, just checked and your gear is substantially better than mine.

Just switched to Jades after finally getting all the pieces (been trying since release), and took a hit in survivability. It is fairly effective in T6 with the exception of elites/guardians.

I desperately need some CDR: a better RORG, decent amulet of any kind and perhaps a SOJ or good tall mans would really help out. Shame amulets and rings are so expensive to gamble with Kadala!

18. mtw

mtw Member

Anyone on tonight? I might come play SC for a bit...

19. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

yeah cheers mate will take all that in. reason i had skills as they were, i was toying with kiting while dropping sentries so didnt matter where i had the skills allocated, i wasnt sure if sentries considered mouse button attacks as "hatred spenders" with 6p marauders.

im only running Blackthornes due to the RoRG, which gives me +10% elite dmg and -10% dmg from elites. but spose with high enough DPS that wont matter anymore.

i have the plans for Demon Hide set, so could maybe craft that as i think it favours fire builds? also i'd re-roll those rings, but i dont have enough resources haha. barely get 1hr a night in while away at work so farming gets pretty hard.

i saw you on before, if youre on a bit later, im shift changing tonight so means gotta try pull an all nighter, if i see you on i'll hit you up.

thanks very much for that advice man, im just about to fire up the game, taking into account what everyone has told me, and see where i get. as it stands right now, i dont have any resource regen skills as i dont really need anything except discipline when activating Smoke Screen, as i was kiting with my sentries and letting off the odd Cluster here and there.

definitely going to work at getting that fire dmg up, since im geared for a fire build right now.

as for my paragon points allocation...shit most of tab 2 is in cc and cd. tab 1 is spread over all 4, tab 3 i think is mostly res to all elements and tab 4 i've focussed most of the points on +area dmg due to my skills being rather explosive. not sure if im playing right though.

20. Reaper

Reaper Member

Yea, I must be too. :p Wizards / mages used to be the hardest to play. Damn game gearing up for the console noobs. :(

Also you guys gotta remember I'm only just playing this for the first time ever. I havn't been playing it for the last two years like everyone else, and all of these items people talk about mean zero nothing to me right now.