Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

If you're bored try a different character. I assumed you and your wife wanted to play privately, I'll add you when I get home.

Another tip if you're playing together is to communicate, call out dangerous mobs, or affixes. "Jailer! stay back" "Dead End" etc.

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

We do one class per season... We've already done all 6 classes before seasons started. If we get REALLY bored we just stop playing until the next season.

We only ever really play together, but we're not playing privately... We're happy for other people to join (if we want to play with no-one joining, say if we only have an hour to play, my wife makes the games as her social settings are set to restricted)

Communication is easy, we're 10 feet apart :)

3. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I'd be happy to join you both if you are on. My Barb can do mid 40s without having to change to more defence and lower my damage.
    Jodie and I play together too and she has almost finished getting the set pieces needed for spin to win to work thanks largely to Jccap and SpaceFrog helping gear her last night. ;)
    It's pretty easy to powerlevel a character and gear for T6 minimum if you have three or four of the same character ingame. So if you want I can help with that. I've got a Barb, WD, Wiz, and DH this season. All but the DH can do GR40+ solo and I'm still gearing Nats set for the DH.

4. mrturkey

mrturkey Member

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I also have an OK jades set, will try your build. Just lack your nice helm...

hehe, it's always something missing....

5. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Solo though?

I can't even do mid 30s solo on my WD, and he has practically the same specs as you (except you've got the %2 less damage per fetish). Which, in reality, wouldn't so much effect me, because my pets rarely (and I mean rarely) die.

6. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Yeah he can do it solo, he's WD is a fair bit stronger than mine that can do just over GR40 solo.

7. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

I finally got my 6 piece set for my wiz the other day.

It makes the difference between doing T6 hard and blowing through it i found.

Only trouble is to now change my build up so i dont fall short of mana. Ive played with a few things, just cant seem to keep it with the pace of dmg.

Now onto the eternal grind of replacing things with ancients and tweaking....

8. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Yep solo, I cleared a 44 or 45 and placed 800 something on the leaderboard at the start of the season. I can't progress solo without an ancient dagger of darts.

It's all about the 6set zuni bonus, your pets deal 275% more damage after being hit by a mana spender.

9. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

I don't seem to have too much trouble with mana. What skills do you use?

I have been lucky to score an ancient Tal Rasha source and In-Geom which makes a huge difference in damage.

I will join you in this journey of Ancient treasure hunting!!!

10. moosi

moosi Member

Tried the Furious Charge set on my barb, not as good as wastes... rather disappointed. It's also not good for single targets as well.

Gonna speed run about 30 rifts to get trial stones then gonna do Grifts all night. Hope to get something decent for the barb, haven't found anything usable in like a week or more now. Arcane dusts are a bitch to get, take ages to get 700 then you blow it all in like 2mins!

11. r3s

r3s Member

Did a GR53 14:02 last night on a sub optimal rift , no unity, cota or striding giant.

Also hit the magic PG800.

Balls to the walls.

12. moosi

moosi Member

Link your char :)

did you kill everything or just whites?

13. r3s

r3s Member

14. psynapse

psynapse Member

Hi i'd like to join this fine clan :)

Added myself to spreadsheet but finding difficulty tracking down anyone online to req an invite

bnet: psyOPs#1398

15. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Will log on and invite

16. psynapse

psynapse Member

Too easy, cheers!! :) :thumbup:

17. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

I haven't played the old sets this season but did u have vile wards? + 2 set IK? Do people run it with focus & restraint?

Some things use more arcane dust than others. Re-Rolling Gloves & Crafting Bracers are the 2 ones I've noticed. So be content with 45 Crit damage on your gloves if you're low.

18. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Ive got the tal off hand also, ive swapped that + my firebird chest for the tal chest + off hand to just test this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GrumpyMonk-1635/hero/51013916

19. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

Never tried the Firebird setup. We need to find you an ancient version of that wand. Not that I have ever found one.

You do have a lot of mana hungry skills but no passive skills to support them. You also seem to have very low crit hit chance which doesn't help any +mana on crit hit.

Try dropping unstable anomoly for astral presence. You already run a resurrect with the firebird 2 piece bonus and astral will help a lot with the mana regen.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hyperion-6215/hero/60221328

20. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

ok so its been a LONG time since i played some D3. thinking of jumping back in... what did i miss? :p

to make a long story short, im a DH always will be. is running an M6 build still the most viable? i have some of the new set on my PS4 version that favours Multishot but havent really tested anything. worth going for?