1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Couple of reasons, wanted to gear up a different class this time round and wanted to try playing support instead. :D

2. KanIbL

KanIbL Member

I decided to create a barb for some fun and maybe for bounty farming and managed to have a furnace drop for me, score. I'd been waiting a while for one and thought I was going to need lots of mats to get one. Should help my wiz out a little.

3. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

How can you get to 80?

I'm running a pet doctor with mostly ancient gear and can't get above GR55, I must be doing something wrong.

I would be happy to join you, let me know when and where.

4. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I just had a look at your WD and it's a mish-mash of builds and skills.
    HT is king currently, you should also have Gargantuan/Humongoid for the garg skill due to it's high damage which is cleave based (multiple hits). You also need Short Man's Finger which is a ring that turns the garg into three little ones each of which do more damage than the single big garg did.
    Zombie dogs are useful but only to top up your health with the Leeching Beasts rune. Since you want more dogs attacking giving you your lph bonus you don't want Tall Man's Finger ring, it's a waste of a ring slot now for pushing.
    Since HT is king you won't want any fetishes, so look for a WH for a belt.
    Firebats is last seasons meta and isn't good for any top builds currently.
    Sacred Harvester weapon and Lacumba's bracers are required for damage and damage mitigation along with the skill Soul Harvest/Languish.
    You have Midnight Feast passive which adds 50% garg (and dogs) damage and MOJ which adds 100% but you want TnT for 50% attack speed of pets too.
    As for jewellery you want the Endless Walk set which is a ring and amulet. Focus and Restraint use to be good but now you can run with RORG and Short Man's, one in the cube and one worn.
    Endless walk ramps up to 100% damage while standing still and when running ramps up to 50% damage mitigation. There is a change over as one gets higher the other gets lower so this allows you to run and get less damage. Once you find a safe spot, preferably in your follower's Oculus ring (halo) you stand still and let the damage ramp up and the gargs smash as their damage goes through the roof.
    For offhands there are only two of use since there isn't room for Swampland Attunement in the current meta. Either Serpent or Henri's, that's it, Henri's allows for more grouping and less one shotting against you but Serpent is better against RGs after the first hit.
    Two of your leg gems are correct but with the skills you have now you don't have a primary attack so Simplicity's Strength is worthless. Use Bane of the Stricken to increase elite and RG damage and knock down the RG quicker.
    Sorry about the wall of text but if you aren't on Curse and I typed this ingame you wouldn't be able to look back over it to check off converting your build to HT garg which is king. Good luck and I'll hopefully see you online tonight and help you gear up.

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

GR94 2 man down and we went from rank 59 to 89 lol. :lol: But my monk can tank and heal for 94 at least. :D

6. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Didn't realise I posted so much, maybe I should of just put this video link up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5antU5ytS0
    When do you come online? I'm usually on most nights some time after nine AEST.

Nice going, do you do three and four man runs too?

7. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Haven't got any group together for 3/4 mans yet.

8. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I can get my zdps WD going if you want?

9. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I'll ask my mate. He's the DPSer.

10. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

I haven't been able to play as much this season as I'd hoped, stupid real life keeps getting in the way.

All I've got so far in S6 is a LoN sader that struggles at GR45, I'd be happy to start a DPS wiz to help out. Haven't wizzed for 2 or 3 seasons, might be fun. I'll be on in a little while, can anybody power level me tonight?

11. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I can powerlevel you soon when I come on and do some rifts with my flash fire wiz to gear you.

12. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Had a few good runs with Gote and jccap but he seems to be having connection issues still.
    I can see the power in the Tal's Twister build, I wasn't using Furnace or Aughild's and was defensive. We really need a zdps barb and WD to make it or a zdps barb and Twister and I can use my zdps WD. Any takers?

13. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Anyone had any luck finding a mysterious chest? I've been looking high and low and haven't found squat yet. :upset:

I have found a few of the new pets though. Love having a little Liv Moore run around after me. :D

14. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

mhm, i have wings from act 4, and some of the items from the others....
    the act 4 run doesn't take to long so you can prob get 20-30 runs an hour for it

i'll post in clan chat next time i see one

15. balckjok3r

balckjok3r (Banned or Deleted)

I can play barb. Will be on tonight hopefully. Have been quite busy this week so far.

16. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Thanks for the powerlevel and carry through some rifts. Sorry I had to bail early, fekn women, kids and dogs all demanding attention. I'll be on soon trying to sort through all the stuff I found and start farming for set gear. I'm thinking of a Tal/ww dps wiz so if you have a high level wiz feel free to drop in. Only have 1 piece of Tal Rasha so far so a long way to go.

17. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

just to clarify, the new wings. are they season only or simply added with new patch?

i've been playing more on PS4 now with some of my console clan mates. the new pet gobs are there, but obviously console doesnt have seasons. now i just found out that the wings are an RNG chance drop from some chest in A4 ...

please tell me i can get these on console simply by rinse/repeat farming runs.

18. yangby

yangby Member

I've been trying to get the Act 4 wi ha as well, been trying for 2 weeks, no luck :thumbdn:

19. leck

leck Member

theres 2 sets of wings which came with the patch and aren't related to the season (you can find them in either normal or season). If you can get the transmogs/pets on console then you can probably get these as its part of the same patch.

falcon wings are the a4 ones which spawn in a rare mysterious chest. it's rare but farmable. Took me an hour i think but I may have gotten lucky.

spectral wings you can get through rainbow goblin portals by killing a rare monster called princess lillian.

There is also the rainbow portrait which you can get either in whimsyshire or whimsydale (via rainbow gob) off a rare monster called sir william. You can get both at the same time via a rainbow gob portal but princess lillian won't spawn in the normal whimsyshire (via staff of herding).

Keep in mind when they say rare, they mean RARE. People have done hundreds of runs with no luck. I think it's fairly certain you're looking at less than a 1% chance for each of the monsters to spawn that drop spectral wings and rainbow portrait. It is however a 100% droprate IF you get the monster/chest. Rainbow goblins aren't exactly common either ;).

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  20. yangby

yangby Member

Yes I know rare ... No wings have dropped for me so far ... About 1 hours worth of farming for 2 weeks ... Zero