Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Ospi

Ospi Member

There will be plenty that pick it up on Switch, there won't be an issue with playerbase. IMO this is the perfect game for the nature of the switch.

2. cambo2011

cambo2011 Member

3. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Yeah I bought the OG D3 awhile back and never got into it. My choices are to pay another 30 bucks for reaper of souls PC, without lean-back joypad controls, or pay 60 for switch and its portable (my laptops have potato intel)
    Of course will wait for reviews to confirm its actually a decent port

4. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

I can't wait for the Switch version, I own D3 on PC and Xbox and the Xbox version is WAY BETTER for a casual like me.

5. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

yeah that's exactly me, a filthy casual. I'm too old and my backlog is too gigantor to bother taking it too seriously (hundreds, damn you steam sales)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  6. jackalqd

jackalqd Member

went Monk again this season of greed, just got Guardian again... woot :)

I remember the amount of time I used to sink into this game, and found I was missing it a bit when I stopped. Definitely fun to play.

7. BAK

BAK Member

Yeah I ended up with Monk as well, they're hard to beat in terms of speed etc. I've done GR99 and am on track to complete GR100 for the first time, as well as reaching 1000 paragon in a season for the first time. Nothing compared to what others do but its more grind than I can usually stomach. I started with Necro and was pretty unimpressed by their gameplay, but it seems the "rat run" meta requires group play to really shine. Been coming across people with 2-2.8k paragon who have been doing back to back rat runs, it seems thats the way to do things! Perhaps I should dust mine off and see if I can find groups...

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So I just went through my Friends list and removed a lot of members (many of which were from here).

Some of them haven't been on in 2+ years (according to bnet). God I hope a new Diablo (anything) happens sometime soon :(

9. BAK

BAK Member

Look at you humblebragging you have friends.

I had thought I'd give crusader a go next season but after playing Akkhan crusader in non-seasonal for a bit it feels slow (though tanky). So hard to go past WoL Monk, I keep coming back to it.

But yeah, something new on the Diablo horizon would be cool. Blizzcon is in a couple of months, that will likely be the announcement if there is one.

10. BAK

BAK Member

Season 14 ended Monday, Season 15 begins Saturday (AEDT). No more double goblins, but this time it's double bounties caches. That will make reforging for primals easier, but I found that I ran out of Forgotten Souls fairly quickly. There's no perfect solution I suppose.

Still struggling to decide what character to play - Necromancers get Rathmas set this time around so it might increase the likelihood of getting into Rat Runs earlier - or maybe I'll just stick to monk since I tend to keep coming back to it each time around...

11. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Witch Doctor for me this season, haven't played one for ages. I cycle through the character classes, a different one every season.

12. BAK

BAK Member

Not a bad plan - I'm enjoying Rathmas a bit more than Pestilence last season with Necro but it still feels stupidly glass cannon. I might experiment with a few builds before I turf it in for monk again, in the hope that I can get into rat runs and push that easymode paragon xp.

13. olie

olie Member

I got back into this while interstate for work, since its one of the few things that runs well on my laptop.

Rolling around behind a few 1000+ Paragon players from my clan quickly boosted me up the ranks to a decent level without too much grinding. Its fun, but oh so grindy after a while. But not bad in short bursts.

14. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

This is what I was finding and can't understand the purpose without it becoming mind numbingly tedious?

15. BAK

BAK Member

Life is purposeless and mind-numbingly tedious, friend. At least this one has loot drops.

I mean, I don't think the game is purposeless and tedious. It's an activity, it's entertaining. You can do group stuff with friends, be social, get paragons, push higher grifts. You can just blow up lower/medium level content without paying lots of attention to unwind after the day.

16. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

I don't know what rat runs or easymode are, but I just use the IcyVeins builds for whatever the set is for the current season. Occasionally I change builds if I happen to find some exceptional items of other builds, but mainly its just the icy veins current season build for the default set.

17. BAK

BAK Member

A Rat Run is the current "meta" or most common group for clearing high level greater rifts quickly. Consists of three Necromancers with Rathmas, 1 of which is specced for zeroDPS (zDPS) and a zDPS Barbarian. Easymode just refers to how easy it is to push high GRs and get lots of paragon levels with this group composition :)

Nastyboy likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I’ll be concentrating on making a zdps necro tonight for rat runs. Anyone doing zdps barb for them?
    Also how many dps necros do we have besides Puafia’s awesome one?

19. BAK

BAK Member

I'm a pretty solid one already, need to level some gems (they're @55) but have solo'd GR84 fairly comfortably. Have all the bits I need, just need to collect more souls to start rerolling for ancient/primal.

Axx has done GR86 on his, not sure if he's interested in rat runs or not. I think Whit0x was semi interested in building znec based on clan chat. Not sure about zbarb.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  20. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Kk, I think I remember Whit0x typing that he’d like to give zdps necro a go. So that’s at least two dps and two zdps necros, just need zdps barbs and they are the hardest to hear for.
    They need as much pickup radius as possible which ch makes it hard. After doing the zdps necro I’ll do a barb if we don’t have anyone keen tonight.