Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. BAK

BAK Member

So it's quiet at work so I've done some research. It seems the "Rat Run" consists of the following:

2x Rathma Necromancers with Singularity/Skeletal Mages (build). They use Reaper's Wraps as their primary method of getting essence (health globe restores 25-30% of resource).
    1x ZeroDPS Necromancer (build). High CDR build, with two key roles. Keep Land of the Dead (Frozen Wastes) up ~100% of the time to freeze mobs, spawn lots of health globes from corpses.
    1x ZeroDPS Barbarian (build). HIgh pickup radius, main roles are to keep Ignore Pain up on the DPS Necros, and to pick up all the globes (with that increased pickup radius gearing) spawned by the znec, to power the DPS Necros.

Both ZDPS builds have a combination of gems (iceblink, efficacious toxin, etc) and abilities to debuff mobs to decrease damage dealt and increase damage taken, but this is normal in most standard zdps builds.

It seems there's a little variety on exactly the build that each uses: the necro builds I grabbed from reddit/r/diablo3necromancers and the zbarb build was just google, but basically the idea is the znec scouts around and spawns globes, the zbarb stays reasonably close to the DPS Necros to keep Ignore pain on them for Damage Reduction as well as picking up all the globes. I've also seen references to pull barbs who actively scout around and pull mobs back into a group, but it seems this is for much higher paragon (1500+) players.

2. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Yep zdps necro needs as close to max CDR as possible.
    I’m missing 5% on my helm as it’s 95% Leorics which is nothing (5% of 12.5% CDR missing I think it comes to). And one or two actual percent elsewhere.
    I’m going to sort out the skills and level an Infectious gem tonight along with a defensive gem for survivibility. Already have a Gogok at level 25.

Barb needs as close to max pickup radius too. So that means they have to have a Rondel’s amulet for increased pickup radius.
    It’s just as important as CDR for necro.
    Barb can be pull similar to 3/4 group but with PUR or WW, those are the two normal ones I know of.

3. duck_boy

duck_boy Member

What is new On D3? I haven't play for the last 2 season. So bore.

4. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Same shit different season.
    Hopefully some news at Blizzcon of what will be next.

Keen to do some pushing runs since rat runs require max CDR for necros and high paragon to be easier.
    I'll play my wiz some more and try to get my head around Star Impact. I can do a couple changes to my zbarb too in the mean time.
    Anyone else keen on high GR pushing?

5. mtw

mtw Member

If anyone wants to join me in HC for some pushing or anything, hit me up - happy to power level etc.

6. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

7. Saviola

Saviola Member

Started again this season after barely logging in last season. I assume meta hasntr changed one iota? I am looking a zMonk and a Wiz for fun see how we go.

8. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Cool, we started pushing meta last night, only got to 108 before we started getting tired.
    A few of us are gearing for FB SI meta wizard but only Whit0x has a zdps monk that I know of.

9. mtw

mtw Member

Did a GR 101 on my HC Barb tonight which puts me at rank 10. Don't think I'll be able to climb any higher though - everyone above me has significantly higher paragon and gems, to the point where I don't think I could catch up even with several hours dedicated per day between now and the end of the season.

Cannula and BAK like this.
  10. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Massive Thanks to Cannula and Axx for helping PL me and a friend of mine

so much gear, it will take me a week to sort through it :p

11. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

I lost interest pretty quickly last season, and only started again this weekend. Doing seasonal HC for the first time. Spent the majority of Diablo 2 in HC, this time I'm on 100/40M instead of 56k.

12. Hookimus

Hookimus Member

My house mate is playing HC this season and I keep joking to him that i'll restrict his internet speed to 56k and introduce random D/Cs so he can experience the "True" butt clenching experience of HC!

13. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Disconnect it every time you get a phone call.

14. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I think of the Matrix everytime I started to lag in D3 HC. I think, not like this, not like this.:)

Always have back of back gear:)

15. BAK

BAK Member

16. PureFire

PureFire Member

Im fairly sure D4 will be announced, but development will take a few years so that's why they are advising fans not to get too hyped just yet.

I am optimistic that some extra D3 content will be announced, other than the Switch release. Lets hope.

17. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

A diablo Mobile game, just what I was after! :D..........not

18. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

www.diabloimmortal.com
    Looks like it will be available on IOS and Android only. Takes place in the twenty years between Diablo II and Diablo III.
    They did hint that there are more Diablo Games in the works. Hopefully this isn't taking too much away from the next PC release.

On other news Destiny 2 is now free and Warcraft III (Reforged) has been released.

19. japes

japes Member

It's a reskin of some garbage Chinese mobile game.

Expected nothing and Blizzard still managed to disappoint.

http://playdiablo4.com/

20. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Looks like Activision/Blizzard are fighting EA to be the most greedy arseholes in gaming.

Just another easy money grab for little effort.