Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

The patch is out now.

2. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Monk, haven't done one in ages. What's currently the best monk set/build for solo GRs?

3. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Tempest Rush, both Sunwukos and Patterns of Justice and LoD WoL should be the top three.

4. ic3solo

ic3solo Member

Barb.. Spin2Win here I come sick of DH UE bleh..

5. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

6. jackalqd

jackalqd Member

Hey All,

Back after a long break, last played season 14, so it's been a long while.

7. moosi

moosi Member

Anyone doing barb this season? What's your high push attempt so far?

8. PureFire

PureFire Member

Yup, did a GR126 last week and was in the top 20. Havent attempted since then so Ive dropped down in rank but I can easily go higher with good rifts.

9. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

I'll be jumping back on too after a long break.

I wonder if the D4 announcement will see a lot of players returning to D3?

10. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Omg. I can’t get the captain crimson set plans to drop. I only need that for the fist of heavens / heavens fury build. (build is so OP)

Like I’ve done so many bounties plans aren’t dropping at all, I’m a bit concerned I’ve bugged the game lol… that’s not possible right :Paranoid:

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

If the plan doesnt drop from bounty bags it may drop from goblins. Its all RNG so I doubt its a bug

12. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

How does difficulty affect drop rate in bounties? I think its higher difficulty higher chance of legendary, are plans legendary items? If I turn down the difficulty would that increase my chance at getting plans instead of items? I doubt it, doesn’t sound right.

I’m just a bit over running bounties, have PTSD from farming RORG back a few years ago.

13. PureFire

PureFire Member

Torment level does affect what drops, with T16 being the highest drop chance. I wouldnt bother farming lower unless your gear is bad or you have an incomplete set that prevents you from clearing T16 easily.

From my experience plans will take priority over a legendary.

zed_kid likes this.
  14. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I've been playing a barb this season, taken me a while to get to 70 lol. I'm not really a high end sort of player though so I haven't pushed high. I'm currently at P180, and just moved to T10. As I said I'm certainly not pushing high yet haha.

I seem to be having a bit of luck with drops (aside from jewelry) though, so my following of the Rend/Wastes build is going pretty well. I got Ambo's Pride (rend applied by WW, and all the damage in 1s) before I was 70, and not long after 70 I had first one then the other of my weapons set drop. They aren't the weapons from the Icy Veins build, but they are decent dps and have the nice bonus of giving me +15 fury regen. What this means along with Ambo's Pride is I can just whirlwind an entire rift from start to finish. Literally. I just hold the button down and everything dies. A couple of hits on monsters is enough to top the fury up, so smashing everything with WW definitely keeps it full. The whole screen just explodes lol. The only things that don't are the guardians who sometimes need 2-3 rend hits, but they still don't take long to die.

So at the moment my damage is way overpowered for the rifts I'm doing. I've just been so squishy till I had the Aquila Cuiraas drop last night. 50% dmg reduction is very handy when you are squishy. Still looking for the bracers and belt I need as well as any decent jewelry as mentioned before. Gems too. I have only just had Taeguk drop last night on my last rift before logging off so it's at lvl 4, and I have Bane of the Powerful at lvl 25. The other decent gems for this build I'm still waiting for them to drop.

I'm assuming at some point my damage won't be enough, and I'll start having more trouble. But at T10 I am clearing easy in about 3 mins or so, so I'll hopefully get the rest of my gear along the way to T16. This is the first time I've got the tier set on a toon and actually had decent drops to go with the set, so I'm really enjoying it atm. Usually I get the set then get nothing after. I just don't play enough to get the drops I guess.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  15. Azzan

Azzan Member

I think ~20 people in my clan are still playing this season. I've played every season(and at least got Guardian achievements every season) but I refuse to play anymore D3.. cos:
    1. hopefully they'll release D4 bit quicker if less people play D3.
    2. D3 is super old and boring now.. :(
    3. I don't wanna waste my GPU/CPU on D3 cos even on-board Intel UHD 630 is fast enough to run D3 at max resolution/details.

16. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

I bought it on switch for something mindless to play on weeknights when watching TV after work. I couldn't get into necro on PC but loving it on switch.

17. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I have those plans, thinking about trying the hybrid 2 set (Crimson Wastes?) build for my Barb if I can find a ring of Royal Grandeur.

18. jackalqd

jackalqd Member

I'm trying HC a lot more this season, even though I started with the Barb in S19, after a 5 season break. Had some help with one character but then solo'd another (https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Jackalandis-1473/hero/117825381) it's definitely different but finding it interesting, not as many safe HC builds, not getting much luck searching either. Might be too tired.

19. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

FYI:

Season 19 ending on March 1. Don't forget to log in after then to grab your gear.

20. r3s

r3s Member

Will push my HC barb to the limit on the final day :)

Been enjoying this season, even tho i am not playing heaps got to PG1000 relatively quickly playing solo and have made a semi decent barb, my goal is to hit GR125 if i can, few more augments for dmg and getting a decent rift should be doable.

Considering my computer died to a power surge while i was playing and my barb somehow didnt die everything else is a bonus.