Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

My barb is nowhere near that level lol... I can kill things pretty efficiently, but god damn am I squishy.

2. r3s

r3s Member

Gotta keep your buffs up or your weak as hell, hence why i thought my barb was dead when the power flipped and my computer died mid rift, i didnt load th egame up for a week after i rebuilt my PC as i didnt wanna see the death screen lol.

Finally bit the bullet and was going to make another from backup gear and BAM SHE LIVES!@! :D

I don't have much time for the GR100/T16 rift cycle grind to get augment gems up tho, so its been slow going even playing as efficiently as possible.

I actually got 2 upgrades last night, ancient chest and ancient Zodiac ring with good rolls so can augment that slot now for extra DMG, crafted 22 crimson pants and not 1 ancient :(

3. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

That's what I am finding. I am only just T14, PG428. I don't play anywhere near as much as others. But I keep forgetting to buff before boss fights. Only just got enough diamonds to get most of my sockets filled. Profile here. I dunno if that link actually lets others see my profile, hopefully it does.
    22... damn that's gotta suck.

I've just got my second ancient upgrade to my gloves last night, legs as well. But I think most of my stats are shit haha. I have all the gear I want aside from the belt that adds a second rend, it's just all crap stats and I've had to re-roll other stats to make things useful rather than re-roll main stats to get better numbers. Anyway, won't matter after the 1st May lol.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  4. r3s

r3s Member

I found it a bit weird of an upgrade cycle, there were a few points where i just stalled on the dmg/survivability ratio which just wasnt working, then you get an upgrade or 2 and all of a sudden shoot another 20-30 GR levels etc.

The lamentation belt will give you a huge dmg boost, do u use furious charge or ground stomp to proc the band of might? I am usually trying to do things as fast as humanly possible so charging everywhere all the time so its up often, sometimes when i circle an elite to kill it is when i forget.

I see you are using the swords build, if you have the gear for the furious charge/mighty weapons build you might find it more favourable as there is less to worry about, just WW everywhere and charge in between :)

5. r3s

r3s Member

OOOOOH , just saw you arent using band of might, make that PRIORITY 1 , also im not 100% sure but i think skull grasp is useless as your doing damge with the REND and not whirlwind itself so it doesnt really add that much dmg.

Band of might will give you 60-80% dmg reduction :)

6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Honestly I have just been following this Icy Veins guide. Which is a bit weird, coz it says the best rings are what I have. Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, and Convection of Elements. But it says in the little Captain Crimson Alteration, that you drop Band of Might in that setup... aah crap, it's supposed to be in Kanai's Cube jewelry slot. I missed that, dammit. I probably have one in my chest to rip the power out of, too. That might make me a bit less squishy!

But yes, I haven't seen the lamentation belt at all. I've been spending my shards alternating between trying to get the bracers (I got them two nights ago lol) and that belt. But it's the last thing that doesn't want to drop.

7. peteed1985

peteed1985 Member

I keep forgetting that the people in diablo 3 chat with me are OCAU members LOL been in it so long...

8. r3s

r3s Member

Playing hardcore i tend to obviously build around toughness and then dps comes later, speed farm whatever you can the quickest for efficiency and the drops come eventually :)

Got the GR120 done last night, gained 60~ PG levels just killing stuff before ( i don't fish for rifts, i give each 1 a go :) )

9. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

No go on the Band of Might. I have bags and bags of items, not one of them haha. I did get an Ancient upgrade of the bracers that I picked up on Saturday though :tired:
    So the Band of Might and the Lamentation Belt are the two items I needed for my build that I haven't seen this season. Unfortunate, but them's the breaks.I did pick up an Ancient Thunderfury though, thought that was pretty cool. Especially seeing that I had one in the original WoW on my warrior tanking Molten Core.

Oh well, will be starting again soon anyway. I might stick with Barb again next season rather than my usual Wizard, now that I a little bit of an idea of what I'm doing. I have quite enjoyed this season.

10. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Lamentation is a mighty belt isn't it? Would of been a snap to upgrade a rare in the cube. There are only a few of them. Bit late now though I guess.

Will be interesting to see how high and/or quick it takes for people to cap out GR's without the season buff.

11. r3s

r3s Member

I jsut go by the philosophy of farming whatever level i can the fastest i can, drops come naturally if you smash out the content as quick as possible.

12. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Unsure, hadn't thought about it. Though now that I do, and I have looked it up and it is indeed a mighty belt, you would be correct. If I had realised this earlier, it probably wouldn't have taken many tries to get one lol.

Maybe I'll try to get online before Monday and see if I can get it so I can do a run or two and see how much better my dps would be. Dammit, now I'm pissed off that the season is ending haha.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  13. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

So I logged on over the weekend, about 15 tries of upgrading a mighty belt later I had Lamentation. Two GR runs later and Ancient version drops from a rift boss :tired:

Anyway, also grabbed Band of Might so that completed the items that I needed for the ww/rend Wastes build. I picked up four Ancient items, which is not bad for me to be honest. It's the best I've ever geared a toon in D3. And yet I'm still disappointed lol. Knowing what I know now, I really could have done this a lot earlier and actually pushed higher in rifts. Finished at T16, but only got a few runs higher in GR level.

Spend Sunday arvo trying to complete the set dungeon that popped when I was getting mats. Damn it's hard to get through the wastes dungeon without taking damage. Hitting 5x 10 mob rends was the easy part, but getting through without damage... I only did it once, and I couldn't find the last two mobs before the timer ran out. Was real pissed off then lol.

Character Profile if anyone wants to look.

Oh well... there's always next season :)

14. PureFire

PureFire Member

Logged in today just before the season end to clean up my stash. I hate dealing with the mail system and juggling gear around between stash and characters.

Less than 30 minutes left as of this post.

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  15. r3s

r3s Member

jumped on and saw the season ending message so quickly did 1 more rift and got it done on a non optimal Rift, bit disappointed i didnt have more time to get to my 125 goal.

Got 123 done.

Attached Files:

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  16. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Nice, which weapons do you have?

17. r3s

r3s Member

Just the bul kathos WW set.

Warriors blood and solemn vow

18. r3s

r3s Member

Anybody doing Season20?
    I am considering having a break this weekend and might fire it up, kinda enjoy pushing hard the first day or so and playing with whatever gear you get, making hybrid builds etc.

19. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I will be. No guarantees on how much time I'll put into it though. As per usual I'll be the slow one out of the gate haha.

20. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I'll miss the start and be on Saturday night and Sunday.