1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. whitox

whitox Member

Happy to give you a power level when you get on Cann

2. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

Thanks mate, got to start to clean out the garage at the ex's place tomorrow.
    I've tried the barb Frenzy build and it's pretty good, great for RG if not going for top spots.
    Looks like Spirit Barrage as trash killer, Frenzy for trash and RG and then the usual pull barb and heal monk will kick arse. Can change Frenzy for Shotgun Sader etc.
    So keen for 4 player parties next season.

3. PureFire

PureFire Member

If anyone else has an issue with the Blizzard launcher where once you open the launcher it shows an error that "Blizzard Agent is asleep. Attempting to wake it up", you can bypass the launcher by creating a shortcut of the D3 exe and adding the following at the end of the target

-launch

Then login manually and enter your authentication code manually

Nastyboy likes this.
  4. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Thanks, worked for me.

5. mtw

mtw Member

I might come play S20 on a hardcore toon. Can't decide between monk or barb, thoughts?

6. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Yeah this season is my first HC, and first run of Barb for years

7. mtw

mtw Member

It took me 525 paragon and 1x RIP but I finally found a Balance and have completed a build on my HC Monk.

8. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Nice. I been playing WD on my Switch while away at work, non-HC. amazing how much one item can change things

Running firebats arachyr while i try gear higher, was struggling with anything about t10, just not enough dps/kept burning my mana. Then i finally managed to convert a rare staff into Staff of Chiroptera and cubed it. The difference, holy shit haha.

Still cant get the fucking Lacumba bracers

Edit: finally. Thank you treasure goblin haha

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  9. Sud16

Sud16 Member

How is it on the switch? I haven't played for ages and that was on PC.

Do seasons work the same etc?

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Its fucking awesome on Switch and yep everything works the same now. Only catch with console versions vs PC the UI and item managment takes fair bit of getting used to, much more cumbersome than PC imo but that's kind of expected

Also using a controller with sticks, some builds that require strategic placement of like sentries/traps/AoE etc are a bit tricky to trigger and land correctly. Demon Hunter Marauder sentry build is one that isnt quite suited to console, but still fun and very effective

qwertylesh likes this.
  11. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

Zzzz DH Shadow Impale is good with aight gear to about GR85 solo. Can't imagine the rolls I'd need to be able to push 100.

Have to say, one of the more fun builds though.

12. r3s

r3s Member

Withc Doctor is fun, only done a GR118 solo so far, havent had the time to gem up all the augments i want to do and just cannot get certain pieces with good rolls that would boost my dmg considerably but still good to be able to do GR100's with little issue to get gems up :)

13. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

I am having a LOT of trouble taking out the uber bosses at T15 with either Arachyr Firebats or the new Spirit Barrage build...any tips?

Because i cant get my soul harvest stacks up get 1 hit so easy

14. r3s

r3s Member

Uber boss tip, go to fields of misery etc and get stacks after you have opened all the portals ready, Do them in act order 1>4, make sure you use soul harvest on the bosses before you kill them, immediately TP once you have killed them and collected just the mats as they drop first, if you use spirit walk severance you can SW back to the portals and go into the next , skip animations and you get to the bosses well before stacks drop, do all 4 in a row, then if there were any legendary drops just go back in and collect them afterwards. gtarmanrob

15. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Ok cheers. I thought about going and building stacks first but for some reason i thought the actual encounter initiating reset any active abilities/stacks. Guess not. Will try that :)

16. Maverick5

Maverick5 Member

anyone playing this evening?

17. r3s

r3s Member

Probably later but in hardcore

18. steffan72

steffan72 Member

i will prob play for a bit this evening. Ive only just started playing again . . . . didnt play for about 5 years . . . . its changed a bit since then. Playin a monk atm at about paragon 90 level and starting to struggle and die. Trying to find a build that suits and gear that suits as well . . . its all a bit hit and miss for me at the moment. But send me a message if you happy to drop down to my level for a bit and do some runs with me.

19. Azzan

Azzan Member

Man people still play this super old skool game? :D
    This is pretty much the only game I can play on my current PC(MSI version of NUC) and I'm bored thanks to Corona hibernation but I still refuse to play!!!
    I know some bored people in my clan still play D3 and I'm still getting heaps of clan invite request but now i'm too lazy to even reply back.

I refuse to play super old D3, I want D4 and hopefully Blizz cun7s will release it bit quicker if less people play D3.. :thumbup:

20. steffan72

steffan72 Member

Each to their own