1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. r3s

r3s Member

Its what keeps the game exciting, i can totally understand why people get bored in softcore with no threat, but in hardcore, escaping those near death experiences is a rush :)

XanaTos and Maverick5 like this.
  2. steffan72

steffan72 Member

is there anyone out there that can help me out with any of the following gear for my monk.
    Cesars Momento bracers
    Convention of Elements Ring
    Vengeful Wind weapon
    Win Khim Lau Weapoon
    Stone Gauntlets
    Ring of Royal Gradeur

Would be much appreciated

3. mtw

mtw Member

You can't trade gear in D3 (unless you were in the game when the item dropped). Also, Ring of Royal Grandeur is from A1 and A3 bounties only.

4. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Geez r3s still going hard on D3 :D

5. r3s

r3s Member

Not really, i hadnt played in ages, was refreshing coming back with a few different season buffs but i just go as hard as i can when i play but dont grind or play every night, PG1380 atm and theres no way i can compete with PG3k+ people running almost 100% more dmg then me and more mitigation purely through PG grind stats.

6. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

The best way to get most of that gear is to craft a heap of sovereign yellows of the same type at the blacksmith (or Shen the jewel guy for the ring), then convert them to legendaries on page 3 in the cube. When you get one item you want, you can keep re-rolling it on page 2 of the cube until you get a good one. You need a heap of bounties and crafting materials to do it but it's usually faster than waiting for them to drop randomly.

7. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

I'm trying to build a support monk for the first time. Usually play solo but my mate is back into it, so...

He's got a Wrath of the Wastes Barb build, I have the standard icy veins Inna build. Even got some primaries left over from my DH that fit nicely.

We tried a 117 GR and I died a lot and he didn't feel like he got many buffs from me.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm Nastyboy#1482

8. steffan72

steffan72 Member

yea . . . i got bored and gave up on the grind. Got most of what i wanted though

9. PureFire

PureFire Member

You have Health Globes on 3 items. You need to increase that to 6 or 7 items with Health Globes.

10. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Yeah, I looked at the build details and I can see why you said that, both heal and shield buffs. Thanks.

11. jekel

jekel Member

I finished D3 years ago and then got reaper of souls but let my mate power levelled me through it all and got bored. With D4 coming I thought I'd give it another go after so many years. Previously only tried the monk didn't love it that much.

Last 5 days went through full campaign for the story using demon hunter and loving it. Few things have changed from what I remember but now playing adventure mode. Finally getting my money worth out of the expansion lol

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  12. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Season 20 ends in 20 minutes.

13. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

LOL... aside from making a barb and getting it to around 40, I have completely missed this season. Too many other things to do.

14. r3s

r3s Member

Finished 23rd as hardcore WD and that was from May 11th, didnt play after that lol

15. Frag

Frag Member

I'm going to actually dust this game off after something like 4 years. I have been hankering for a chill ARPG game and honestly I think I still like D3 the most. Will roll a DH as usual though may just go SC for a season before I delve back into HC, been a long time :p

I tried POE for about 5 weeks last season (ended up a lv94) and I liked it in many respects except that it really in the end felt hollow because you never actually found upgrades... you either crafted them using really frustrating rng systems or you bought them in trade. Felt like half the time I was just trading instead of playing and the play loop was about trying to do most profitable farming in order to sell items to buy what you need for the build... Throw in a super clunky mapping system or worse the delve system and it just lost me. Its what I liked about D3, finding that upgrade.. Anyway, will give the next season a crack, heck might even just go HC as softcore will likely end up boring quick

16. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

If anyone wants to group up for the season 21 start or anytime really, hit me up, always happy to team up with some fellow OCAU's.

17. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

good to know

theres also free wings up for grabs atm to celebrate 20th anniversary of Diablo 2. they are pretty trash imo but hey, free is free

Edit: oh awesome i didnt even bother reading any notes before, new DH set :D ok now im really excited for this season

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  18. Frag

Frag Member

If anyone is looking for company in softcore let me know.. or just add me

FraG#1210

Rolling a DH main, though only just Torment IV ... about to finish season journey so hopefully have something ok soon. Once I get a set will definitely like to gear towards pushing some grifts. Really enjoying spinning this game back up, must say chilling back listening to an audio book whilst playing Diablo 3 is strangely very very fun :)\

Edit: wow, I went from barley doing a gr20 last night to managing to get a 5+RRoG of the GoD set on DH and bang ran out of keys easily clearing a gr60 solo. I had connection issues from 11pm wst so looks like I'll get my GR70 tonight :) GoD is a nice farming set but pretty "uninvolved" so will get boring pretty quick.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  19. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Man I’ll need to add you. Been doing a bit more of cod lately. Was leveling through campaign solo. Doing it at t3. Problem is, survival is easy. But damage output is pathetic and takes so long to actually do kill anything.
    Anybody up to power level a barbarian for me? Haha

20. Frag

Frag Member

Yeah add me for sure. I'm at that stage I can PL someone now, as I finished my season journey I managed to get a 3rd piece of GoD set and then everything happened so quick :) I'll be running Rifts/Grifts all night though I'm WST and usually on from 8ish PM till late :)