Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Frag

Frag Member

I'm going to actually dust this game off after something like 4 years. I have been hankering for a chill ARPG game and honestly I think I still like D3 the most. Will roll a DH as usual though may just go SC for a season before I delve back into HC, been a long time :p

I tried POE for about 5 weeks last season (ended up a lv94) and I liked it in many respects except that it really in the end felt hollow because you never actually found upgrades... you either crafted them using really frustrating rng systems or you bought them in trade. Felt like half the time I was just trading instead of playing and the play loop was about trying to do most profitable farming in order to sell items to buy what you need for the build... Throw in a super clunky mapping system or worse the delve system and it just lost me. Its what I liked about D3, finding that upgrade.. Anyway, will give the next season a crack, heck might even just go HC as softcore will likely end up boring quick

2. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

If anyone wants to group up for the season 21 start or anytime really, hit me up, always happy to team up with some fellow OCAU's.

3. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

good to know

theres also free wings up for grabs atm to celebrate 20th anniversary of Diablo 2. they are pretty trash imo but hey, free is free

Edit: oh awesome i didnt even bother reading any notes before, new DH set :D ok now im really excited for this season

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  4. Frag

Frag Member

If anyone is looking for company in softcore let me know.. or just add me

FraG#1210

Rolling a DH main, though only just Torment IV ... about to finish season journey so hopefully have something ok soon. Once I get a set will definitely like to gear towards pushing some grifts. Really enjoying spinning this game back up, must say chilling back listening to an audio book whilst playing Diablo 3 is strangely very very fun :)\

Edit: wow, I went from barley doing a gr20 last night to managing to get a 5+RRoG of the GoD set on DH and bang ran out of keys easily clearing a gr60 solo. I had connection issues from 11pm wst so looks like I'll get my GR70 tonight :) GoD is a nice farming set but pretty "uninvolved" so will get boring pretty quick.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  5. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Man I’ll need to add you. Been doing a bit more of cod lately. Was leveling through campaign solo. Doing it at t3. Problem is, survival is easy. But damage output is pathetic and takes so long to actually do kill anything.
    Anybody up to power level a barbarian for me? Haha

6. Frag

Frag Member

Yeah add me for sure. I'm at that stage I can PL someone now, as I finished my season journey I managed to get a 3rd piece of GoD set and then everything happened so quick :) I'll be running Rifts/Grifts all night though I'm WST and usually on from 8ish PM till late :)

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nice. I didn't start a season character. Are they separate from normals? I can't remember... I think I only ever played season 1 and maybe 2?

8. r3s

r3s Member

If you are level 40 or above and have done the challenge rift which is super easy, use the mats u get and gold from that to craft a L70 2handed weapon and reroll the secondary to Reduced level requirement by up to 30, you will cruise after that.

I got my rrog finally so could add the crimsons set and started doing gr90 speeds, around the 3-4min mark, makes levelling so much quicker.

DH speed build are on another level tho , crazy good, i will have to start augmenting soon.

Got the set helm as my GR70 clear primal but it rolled shit! :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  9. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I remember when the DH were the meta, and everybody smashed them out hard. I've still got mine from season 1. :D

But nah. I'm still level 15ish :D Only just beat the Lich King.

10. Frag

Frag Member

Heh, I used to main DH in HC.. it was the only class without a second life :p just enjoyed the DH more than any other... I did love monk and will probably roll a monk as my next toon (dex/dex will make sense) though not sure how good Monks are, they were pretty ordinary in the early seasons

Anyway, if you're on when I jump on happy to PL you and let you leech for awhile, nothing worse than getting to lv70 and being forced to do "hard" level to gear up

Madengineer likes this.
  11. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Cheers man!

I've sent you a friend request on Bnet anyway :)

12. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

have played about 15 hours this season. got my baseline build going (DH with season journey set, plus the other necessary things)...cleared gr70 last night, can farm 75, can melt enemies probably to 80, but literally anything there can one-shot me, so it's hardly fun.

frag, just sent you an invite.

weird, i have seen ZERO chat, in main, or a rifts community, or a puzzle ring community, or anywhere, and my game says there are zero people playing any mode, any difficulty. it feels like i've got a firewall problem or something lol...or everyone is either solo, or playing only via friends groups?? dunno.

13. r3s

r3s Member

Do adventure mode, do rifts, do gr's, get legacy of dreams gem and level it up, every legendary drop will make you more powerful and allow you to use anything u like as u get stronger towards doing the seasons journey and getting your free 6p set pieces.

Madengineer likes this.
  14. PureFire

PureFire Member

I'm having fun on the new GoD DH set but what I dont like about this season is all the weather effects they added. The lighting and noise of each weather condition really is annoying to look at after a while and doesn't add anything to the game IMO.

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah gonna try and get some D3 in today. Didn't end up playing last night :(

16. r3s

r3s Member

Yeah i agree, i find it more annoying then anything.

And the elemental bonus seems random and rubbish.

17. PureFire

PureFire Member

The season elemental bonus did seem ineffective early on but now that I'm pushing GRs (cleared GR119 last night) it really does ramp up and does decent damage if you can situate yourself in a narrow walkway or corner of the map.

If you play in a group then its probably not of much use.

18. r3s

r3s Member

I've only done a gr101 in 8mins so far, still levelling up and trying to find better gear :)

19. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Oh boy tonight was great. Until my net went down. Lol

smashed a gr60 solo when my last best was like 38. Started a seasons character.
    Damn internet.

20. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Im playing as DH (as usual) and yeah got gr60 done with a rare ring with no socket, and fairly terrible gear

Shadow build fukn hits hard