Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Well as it appears were trying to steer this back into the gameplay discussion

Recently switched to a 1hand \ shield on the monk at 52

originally i just purchased a terrible blue axe \ shield and boots with + gold find because i just wanted to see how much that increased my gold income (quite a bit actually)

so played through from start of act 1 hell to about the 8th quest\waypoint i cant recall the quest name but beside the point anyway (was only doing it for the gold initally).

I was doing rediciously low damage but had an immense amount of fun, the other 3 people were decently geared but they were all dps focused so it ended up being me tank stuff while they dps.

so basically once tanking something i was able to just spam mantra of healing and keep the group up. while in range no other players went under 90% and we did not wipe on any encounter. although the other three died early on before i learnt to spam mantra, and i was still tanking when they ran back (hahaha made me feel like a pro)

sort of ended up reminding me of a paladin, and i like the idea of having good viable sub spec's in class.

I have not heard too much about this , someone specking there class to be specifically for tanking \ health regen and not caring too much about damage.

Think I will have a further play with this as i really enjoyed it basically stack vitality and dex as a low priority. I get the feeling you would have great groups once the other 3 figure out you can just tank all the elites in hell .

o bty i have a nice gold club and shield now so my dps will actually be decent. anyway still cant wait to get home and play it so thats one good thing atm

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. Radioactiv3

Radioactiv3 (Banned or Deleted)

im a 56 DH into Hell mode and loving the game.

I don't know how i'm going to stack nephalem buff in inferno because taking out one rare mob in Hell not even inferno usually means i need to rez about 5 times if i get a bad combination of buffs they have. (though this is coop with my bro i havn't tried solo)

It's definitely challenging me so i'll probably be pretty addict to it for a long while =p

3. meremortal

meremortal Member

Does anyone have any tips on the quickest ways to level up a new character?

4. brewsa

brewsa Member

You don't lose the buff when you die, only when you logout or change spec, I think?

5. Bertross

Bertross Member

yeah mate load up everything with + exp after a kill.

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Was only really downed for about 4 hours.

Indeed the boss fights were relatively straight foward. Infact later difficulties, you'll find much more challenge in elites and named than bosses. Also bosses no longer drop yellow after normal. You'll have to farm named/elites for rare items and thus make sense that they're harder.

Legendary items are just items with fixed names, has some sort of fix stats (with varying amount of each) and has some story attached to it. They usually do have more effects on them though. But like all other items, it's completely random. So a lot of legendary items are pretty useless. Like having an awesome glove with + to barb skill and then massive amount of int. Saw one of them drop before.

As for difficulty, lvl 30 is way too high for Azmodan. 30 you should already be at diablo or in Nightmare. Also if you went to the AH to twink up your gears, normal is absolute cakewalk.

And for expansion spoilers :

Adria will be back with the black soulstone! But that's pretty obvious. Also after watching the "wrath" short video, I was hoping that we'd be fighting one of the arch angels instead. Or maybe that's the next expansion. :D

Smoke screen with lingering fog and preperation with battle scar is really the key to survival here. Smoke screen will get you out of tight situation unless you're trapped in a corner. Then just run away and kite the mob. When you run out of discipline, hit preperation and that'll replenish your discipline and also hp.

7. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Id probally say the fastes way is demon hunter \ mage , single player hitting the x bottom right as fast as you can as soon as anyone starts speaking , and escape whenever a movie starts. other than that , about every 7-10 levels buy a few gold upgrades from the AH

specifically ensure you always have a weapon close to your level and no items more than 15 levels under your current level.
    oh and deff you want boots with + movement , lots of running
    and always dump grey \ white items on the ground there worth about 8 gold even in hell, if you go to town and there are greys in your bag your doing it wrong , although obviously it happens haha
    -----
    whats the neflem buff or whatever im missing something the other guys mentioned?

8. reags

reags Member

When you hit 60 and kill certain angry boss mobs you get a 30min buff for extra gold/magic

9. frenzal

frenzal Member

yeah another fun feature, a few other users have reported it saying beta (myself included), though given the current state of play I think calling Diablo 3 in beta is still appropriate

10. hosh0

hosh0 Member

There are two expansions planned? Link please

11. Memph

Memph Member

Anyone had any issues with the AH? I sold some armour, it shows in my auction log as sold, but it never went in to the completed items where you can send it to your stash. Pretty disappointed, was the most expensive thing I've sold :(

12. CrimsonScribe

CrimsonScribe Member

So it turns out I've been playing this game "wrong".

I've been treating the characters and attributes like WoW and stacking their primary attribute, picking up vitality here and there but completely ignoring the other 2 attributes not realising that they actually all play their part in improving a character's performance.

Luckily, I'm still only in Act II (level 24 barbarian) so it's not to late to change my ways before getting a very rude surprise in nightmare (playing co-op with my cousin's demon hunter).

13. darken_rahl

darken_rahl Member

does anyone know how +exp and +%exp works in coop? does it give it to one person or share it?

14. brewsa

brewsa Member

Which is 75%...I think, sorry for the "i think"s.

15. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Sometimes it does that. It's just server lag. Takes a couple of minutes. You can try relogging.

16. reags

reags Member

Yeah server lag - I've had the same thing happen several times, including this morning which still hasn't 'cleared'.

17. Narcoticx2

Narcoticx2 Member

But that's just it - on every playthrough, the bosses should be epic!
    Way too high? How is everyone else playing it? I've made a point of playing through the first time 'properly', taking my time and getting every lore book i can find, searching for every dungeon etc. and even then I probably went faster through Act 3 and 4 than I should have. I'm level 32 just starting NM btw, so you don't level much in act 4 that's for sure. I didn't buy a thing from the AH, either. I just can't see how people can justify killing the act 3 boss the first time you fight him without him even casting anything. Flawed game design!
    Yep, they purposefully left that open-ended. Looking forward to it!

Just what I've been reading on news sites and reddit. You should be able to find the info yourself.

18. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Am i missing something? Im only level 18 WD and i thought it would be wise to stack your primary attribute (Int a WD case).

19. hvalac

hvalac Member

Oh fucking shit, server crash now results me in losing items i just bought in the AH as well as the gold I pad for them and I lost this boss pair of pants.

20. mrmas

mrmas Member

Lost a legendary cross bow to server disconnects last night :mad: it's fustrating to say the least! Hopefully they'll get things stable soon:confused: