1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

and this is different to real world trading how?

Bought airline shares just before 911? :rolleyes:

2. Goose1981

Goose1981 Member

Quite different actually, as your analogy is a little flawed.

A bit better example would be...

If you buy a car this week, then next week the dealer says "Oh hai, we are taking two of your doors off and a wheel, and doing so in such a way that you cannot restore your car to the previous state, and you don't get any of the money you paid for it back either".

3. insidious

insidious Member

The point of IAS is that it allows you to take advantage of your entire mana pool by burning it up quickly before having to kite. I almost always screen-edge mobs, unload, and regen mana while kiting.

4. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

according to community managers they haven't changed drop rates at all :lol:

who decided on a 30 stack limit for gems...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  5. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Finally got to Inferno and pretty much don't like the zombie bear spam on my WD. It worked well enough in Hell act 4 but it seems to get me killed way too much on champions and elites in Inferno. I switched to slow effects and damage over time stuff and I seem to be managing champions and elites much better with not too much change on normal mobs. The next challenge is to get some better items as I'm only on 11k dps with 35k life and 200-250 resists.

6. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

its probably buggy, but imagine if you had waited for this and then played in offline mode with no AH, would of extended the game's life from weeks to years looking for those perfect drops and beating inferno, no good for the ADHD gamer generation though

7. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Most of the quests don't work and neither do the skills.

It's going to be a long while before everything is fully functioning, private wow servers aren't even 100%

8. ener

ener Member

getting some crazy lag, stupid americas

hmm belial has 2'525'431 life and his minions 108'407, lol need moar dps

9. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

was playing with the ah today. wondering , those items with that attack speed that does not work, wonder if blizz has any legal issues considering people would buy them based on their stats and if some stats do not work is that not false advertising .

like if you purchased something off a website and something was missing from the box, the company would have to give you a refund or send you the item, i put one of these items up a minute ago and that occurred to me , would i owe the customer the stat or would blizz?

10. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

yeah what he said , they cant copy the spawm rate , monster movement , boss actions off blizzard so someone has to code them to be as similar to the actual game , may have a play at some point just be cool to spawn in the best items and see what dps i can do.

i love how a while back someone was telling me they would have to re design the whole game to make an offline mode, i bet blizz has a perfect fully functional offline install that they use for testing etc.

11. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

I've been thinking about this, and i think there is the possibility that the highest IAS stat items will be worth just as much if not even more, considering it's still another way to increase one's dps.

12. Lep

Lep Member

Fast Jailer Succubus is no fun :thumbdn:

13. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

there will now be other stats that are worth more... therefore you will have lost $$$ ... can see the class actions already.

14. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Hey Guys,

Wizard SOS. Haha

I'm about to enter Inferno Act II and think I'll be needing some upgrades.

Can you guys look over my gear and recommend me some upgrades.

I'm a little lost at this point...:lol:

Click to view full size!

15. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

Of course there will be other stats worth more, but in conjuction with ias, ias will still have the ability to increase dps. It's just that it will be less than before.

You need ALOT more All Resistance (you shoudl be aiming for 400+ across the board alongside diamond/energy armour). I'd say upgrade your weapon to 900+dps too.

16. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

I'd look into some resistance, first of all. A couple of items with a lot of resist all would go a long way, I don't think I could have made it through act 1 without it (props to you!). Maybe look for a helm with int, a socket (you can get +life pretty easily this way) and at least 50/60 resist all could be a good start.

Also, if the nerfing of attack speed is right, you're about to have a really bad time when 1.0.3 comes out.

17. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

lol.
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/06/129_112964.html

18. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

19. awaken

awaken Member

Yeh as the others have said, Resi to all == a must act2/3/4 i havnt made it to act 4 yet, however im sitting at 890res to all in act 3, higher dps weapon aswell :)

20. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

I believe gaming addiction is an issue over there so probally not a terrible thing to remove extra incentive to play.

Reading the article it sounds like that has nothing to do with it but the government is wary from a money stand point.

Sounds like they dont like the idea that these items have value and players create them out of thin air effectively . Interesting concept , I sold an item for $80 and basically that came out of nowhere and an item worth that much is being generated every second so the concern is your generating all this value out of thin air, im aware there is a time component but they mention specifically bots ,

In essence blizz has a program generating items worth real cash, that's printing money, it's a little different to paying for subscription