1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Sep 2, 2008.

1. DTG

DTG Member

I have entered every contest I can find, even those in russian and finnish, and still no key.

2. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

Re this issue, seems like they are aware of this and it's some kind of server problem for some people outside of the US. Should be fixed soon. Meanwhile I will play some Diablo 2 :D

3. dakcrack

dakcrack Member

you have to right click on it and run as administrator or it pretty much wont download

4. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

It downloaded and opens up just fine, but won't allow me to login on the menu screen. I'm running it on a admin account but tried "running as admin" as well and it didn't work.
    Blizzard have already stated it's an issue on their end so I guess I just have to wait.

5. Vaempyr

Vaempyr Member

Playing through the beta, a couple of thoughts:
    1. I miss having dual weapon sets. Admittedly, I didn’t use them that often in Diablo II, but I prefer melee characters and it was always nice to switch to a range weapon and snipe a monster before engaging it in melee combat.

2. Whilst runes operate in a similar way to their original descriptions (i.e. as skill modifiers), handing them to you at particular levels takes away more than it gives, IMHO.

3. I don’t understand why I can’t fully equip my companion the same way I could fully equip my hireling back in Diablo II. It seems an arbitrary decision.

4. You can’t just stop playing, and resume exactly where you left off, unless you stop at a checkpoint. This isn’t a major gripe, just something to be aware of.

6. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

How do you mean ? hirelings in D2 could only have weapon, shield and armor

This was the same in D1 and D2, you just ended up back in town. The checkpoint idea just means you can jump out of the game because you are about to die

7. jtir

jtir Member

What level does the beta allow your character to get to?

8. Thor

Thor Member

Max level is 13.

9. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

yeah, but you tend to finish the content between 7 and 9.. the rest is farming

10. Thor

Thor Member

True, but that wasn't what he asked.

11. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Hah, I wasn't trying to correct you... simply adding some info that he might be interested in :Pirate:

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Any1 wanting to offload a key/show me a workaround be great :upset:

13. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

So i finally got to trying the latest Beta build

I think the runes would be better if they were drops, and could be crafted into better ones like before (In D2 that is)

I dont mind unlocking skills at levels, but Im finding having the Runes unlock feels just like im unlocking (or upgrading) a skill

having drops would also allow for some randomness, and make you think about applying that rune

14. Vaempyr

Vaempyr Member

Oops, thought you could do more. Wish you could do more in Diablo II - give me the ability to equip a full set of items, IMHO.

It just seemed to me to be one thing they might have chosen to implement given the “always-on” thing.
    Agreed - runes in this build aren’t nearly as much fun as they could / should be.

15. Thor

Thor Member

Fair enough - my bad, misinterpeted. :thumbup:

16. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I remember there was one set (green items) that worked on the hirelings from act three

It was the only one that would take the whole set to get the bonus

17. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

So finished this today (at level 10 and with about 4500 gold and some decent gear) :thumbup:
    Was pretty fun, but damn it stutters and lags every time you interact with the world (like breaking shit etc) and half the time you attack something. Running latest GPU drivers, got an SSD so no problems with storage load times, lowered all of the settings except the res, tried turning vsync on/off with neither making a difference and of course I'm playing with it fully downloaded...it's like it stutters due to "online lag" yet it is not accessing the net constantly is it??? It was a big bloody download for a fairly basic looking and short beta so I would have thought it wouldn't stutter :thumbdn:

18. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Anyone else having issues connecting today ?

19. Zabba

Zabba Member

I honestly think they haven't started on the network optimisation yet and the server they are using for the testing might not be as good as the ones used for when it goes live.

Open betas are usually used for network/server teaking, that's why they are last in the testing agenda.

20. Thor

Thor Member

All loot generation is done server side. Each time you break a barrel for gold, whatever, the server tells the client what loot to drop.

Also check your ingame latency (has a meter in the bottom right corner). When playing with a friend the other night, he was commenting about similar issues and his latency was around 300-400ms while I was fine on 180ms.