Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by vindicator, Jan 16, 2012.
Awesome. iso 1600 looks perfectly fine. 3200 loses too much colour and adds too much fuzz for me.
yep. and since most m4:3 primes are f1.4 to f2 that's probably all you're going to need 90% of the time. 3200 is still usable for the other 10%.
m4:3 is starting to come together as a system, now they need better evfs and a couple of fast zooms.
= win on the street.
Maybe not but it will be one portable package. What does OCAU think of the lens?
That body looks so hot I could take the lens off and have my way with it.
Slow kit zoom with a number of issues from what I have heard on other forums. For a win on the street, pair the camera with the 20mm f1.7.
what issues? i'm liking the idea of this lens
If only it was 3:2 !!!
I've heard a few things about macedonians, is that common practice?
the lens looks good to me but its a bit slow
nice close focus though
I'm not fully up to date on native lenses as I usually shoot with old konicas on my PM1. However from memory;
* There is no OIS switch on the lens, so the OIS is always off on Olympus bodies from what I understand (so why pay for it)
* The IQ is no better than the standard 14-42 kit zoom, yet its marketed as a premium lens.
* There was some problems with blur and such at certain shutter speeds and/or at the longer reaches of the zoom ie at the 42mm.
Firmware could have resolved these issues. Double check before putting ya money down
Teds has got pre-orders up on the site plus pricing: http://www.teds.com.au/olympus-om-d-em-5
It will cost less then the NEX 7!
body looks nice, shame its EVF
lens looks a bit poky. Pancake zoom? I can't help thinking it IQ wil be like other collapsible lenses ie P&S.
Would be more interesting if it was F2.8... or at least F2-F4 or similar. I guess its harder to accomplish this with a small lens and a bigger sensor than P&S.
English manual for the OM-D (pdf)
but there are exceptions, like the leica zoom lens on the lumix LX3/LX4
Raw files link available over at http://www.43rumors.com/first-raw-olympus-e-m5/. A thread with a couple of shots - http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f2/what-they-put-sensor-6723/
Cool lens. I've been considering getting a PEN with the panny pancake 20mm 1.7, but with zoom at the same form factor, this seems like a great starter lens for a m43 system. Especially for video, this thing would be great.
$500 is a bit steep, but if the prices of the PENs come down with the release of the OM-D, this could be a doable combo for me.
I curse you all. I'm going to end up buying this. Not sure I need it but once I have it I'll end up carrying it around a lot more than I carry the 5D. Plus it's so hot. I just want to sleep with it around my neck.
I think I'm sold on that Panny 20/1.7 as well. Looks like a must have for the m4/3 system.
Anyone have links to more sample pics?
Also, how does this compare to the xpro1 on specs alone?
Not liking the shutter sound...
but the start up speed is good...
The nature of the sound? Or too loud?
I'm not pretentious enough to care about the type of sound. It's the noise that bothers me. The mic on the camera used to record the video could be accentuating it. I hope...
Edit: this from POTN:
Don't show me these. I'm trying to convince myself not to get it.
I'll be honest, it sounds like a hole punch.