OMG Unlimited Internet from Telstra

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Kelvin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Skydome

Skydome Member

I fugured as much. was thinking of letting my mobile and net contract run out and go into Helstra shop and basically say "My phone and net are out of contract, normal spend for both of these is 130+ Per month, i'll re-contract phone and net if you give me foxtel with entertainment plus sports included"

If I can get away without re-contracting my phone I will but if the deal is to re-contract phone for a new one (Even though i don't want a new one) if it means getting sport+entertainment foxtel included at no extra cost period i'd do it.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think with Telstra in particular they really want you to recontract.

3. Skydome

Skydome Member

I guess that would be ok. It does sound more dramatic recontracting both a mobile phone plan and internet and threatening to go with a competitor with both if they don't include foxtel in it.

would it be easier to push for a foxtel now sub or for an actual physical install?

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I would think physical install.

5. Skydome

Skydome Member

ahh, well that wouldn't be as good but i suppose at the end of the day IF I can get them to include sports and entertainment at no extra cost and i get that specifically written into the contract i shouldn't really complain too much.

Still when time comes i'll have a crack at getting it through a now account as that would be my preferred option

6. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Speeds haven't changed at all (at least for me) despite some fearmongering earlier in this thread. I was already on 1TB plan which I didn't use, so the upgrade to unlimited hasn't affected me.

Been enjoying 14-15mb/s downloads for years now. My fear is that useless NBN comes along, caps us at 100mbit so I actually cop a speed downgrade and then we get congestion cos everyone gets moved onto HFC in my area....

7. power

power Member

most telstra noobs have no idea how much data they have. any serious leechers (i still don't get these guys but whatevs) would be on cheaper ISP's anyway. I still don't understand Telstra doing this it's probably because caps are all so high now that just going unlimited shouldn't see much more traffic going through the network.

8. caspian

caspian Member

they are still going to incur some degree of additional CVC costs though. if those additional costs are not significant, why has CVC congestion ever been an issue?