"One Click Lomo" - Technique Links & Images (Too Early to bring back the street?)

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Ronza, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Ronza

Ronza Member

Have been looking at too much film street stuff on Flickr lately from people like this guy and this guy and most especially this guy which has inspired a love affair somewhat with reallllllly fast lenses and film. Bit of wandering brought me across a PS Lomo Action by Beau Hudspeth @ POTN and off the shelf B&W Film Coversion settings and contrast tutorials by Markus Hartel. Theres some Black and White Processing tutes on his page which apply well to even colour shots - found that if you increase contrast then mask off the highlights onto a new layer, you can jack up the contrast some more. Also watched a Joey Lawrence DVD courtesy of Wisie which unveiled the joys of High Pass Sharpening.

Not so much an attempt to recreate exactly some of the styles posted above rather a few images using that action and my normal tweaking. A somewhat random selection of images from Sydney/Melbourne in my LR library.

[​IMG]
    #1 - Happppppy - Luna Park, St Kilda - Canon EOS-1D Mark II & 17-40mm at 17mm ISO200 f/8 1/125s.
    Inspired by a portfolio of Kodachrome stuff by Constantine Manos on Magnum

[​IMG]
    #2 - Red Red Red - The Rocks, Sydney - Canon EOS-1D Mark II & 50/1.8 ISO400 f/5.6 1/60s

[​IMG]
    #3 - Nose Splat - St Kilda - Canon EOS-1D Mark II & 24-105 at 105mm ISO200 f/8 1/250s

[​IMG]
    #4 - George St (?), Sydney - Canon EOS-1D Mark II & 24-105 at 75mm ISO400 f/4 1/60s

C&C More than Welcome, a bit stuck for subject matter but the focus on this set was the PP'ing. Hope if you haven't already seen a few of the links you get something out of them.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

First one is the money shot for me.

3. zeeps

zeeps Member

Installing the lomo action now. High pass filter is a good tip, previously I'd apply USM on a duplicate and use opacity.

I like this effect, it would look pretty good printed large and mounted. Be interesting to see what exactly the action does.

Thanks for sharing

4. wombo

wombo Member

I like the sky in the first one, but would have liked to see a little more detail in the trees to the left

Number 2 is classic ronza

5. Cynisis

Cynisis Member

I prefer your original processing Ronnie.

6. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Good to see your expanding the post side of photography and trying different techniques. As an aside I believe Joey Lawrence is actually younger than you Ronza. He's a very talented kid who's work I've followed and admired for the past couple of years.

If you like his grunge stuff then you may be interested in a tute he put up here.

cheers,
    bazz.

7. OP
    OP
    Ronza

Ronza Member

No kidding eh. I know he posts stuff on DP Challenge and the grunge stuff where he drops in textures from other images is pretty neat.