1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

OnePlus One announced - $349US 64GB

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by ~kraven, Apr 23, 2014.

1. kripz

kripz Member

Just got an email on the oneplus website saying payment error.

I used my australian paypal account to pay for the item and specified an american shipping address, apparently this is not possible?

I also called paypal and its not possible to add an american shipping address to my account (you can, as i did, specify an american address manually when buying things).

How do i get around this? Seems to be a limitation with the one plus payment processor.

2. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

is yours from DWI? Whats the diff between them and the ones from one+?

They both made in China right?

3. isaaus

isaaus Member

I had no problem using my paypal (registered to Aussie address) and delivery to Comgateway :confused:

DWI ones are released in China and as such has COLOROS and no CM logo on the back. DWI preflashes it with CM11 and then send it customer.

Oneplus one has CM logo on the back and comes with CM11 standard.

Other than that, there is 1 band difference but apparently, unless your in US, it doesnt matter anyway.

4. botlfed

botlfed Member

Yep bought mine from DWI during the eBay 15% off sale recently, 64gb was less than $400 delivered :)

As isaaus said unless you frequent the US the only difference is mine has some tiny Chinese writing on the back down the bottom instead of the CM logo. Also DWI might throw in a travel adaptor if you're lucky! :lol:

5. joshpond

joshpond Member

I've heard may need to change default currency to US dollars. I did for mine just to be sure.

Josh

6. Ryno_89

Ryno_89 Member

I never changed my PayPal account.... Made A us address and it worked fine no payment issues at all.

7. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

so is there expected to be a newer model in early 2015 with android L, or are they just going to flash this one up?

I need a new phone around Feb, as contract is running out and the S4 is having some restart issues....

I can hold off until then if a new model is expected. Having previously played around with flashing phones (back in the HD2 days) Im not worried about what OS this runs as I could reflash it if needed, just a interested to see if hardware will be changed soon.

8. kripz

kripz Member

All good, oneplus just having problems

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/pending-authorization.160351/page-57

Still on the edge of my seat waiting for this phone haha, no doubt my forwarder will probably have issues.

9. isaaus

isaaus Member

I remember reading about OneplusTwo slated for next year but it might just be speculation.

I used to be 1phone for 2yr kinda guy, but now I have changed and I am 1phone for 6 months to a year kinda guy. This year alone, I have gone through over 5 phones and nothing came close to nexus5 for me till oneplusone. If it wasn't for the premium feel and size of Oneplusone, I would be back to nexus5 in a heartbeat.

So, my suggestion will be, buy nexus5/oneplusone and go venture into XDAforums, plenty of roms/mods out there to change and suit your every need. And both phones are literally slim (as in no bloatware) and feel lightning fast :thumbup:

Only serious issue with Oneplusone, touchscreen is crazy, only felt when zooming in/out, but that might be from glass screen protected i am using :p

10. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

No it has been widely mentioned. Fix coming apparently...

11. Ryno_89

Ryno_89 Member

Yeah I have massive issue with touch screen sent them an email and the sent me a batch file

12. UPKA

UPKA Member

Hi guys,

has anyone got anymore invites left? looking for a 64gb model. Thanks!

George

13. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Didnt think anyone here was asking for invites or this thread would be over 1K pages now.

:lol:

Seriously dont get the whole "invite" thing, especially with all the paypal / shipping problems people seem to be having...

Id ask for an invite as well but these things seem to rare as rocking horse doody, so wont bother....

unless someone has a spare to give??? :Pirate:

14. joshpond

joshpond Member

Honestly had no issues with payment and shipping. Check the whirlpool forum. A good step by step.

Got my invite here and have mine back here. So there are some around.
    Josh

15. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

you know what they say...only hear the few bad, not the 10K success stories.

Invites are still impossible to get. Its the ones who own a phone who are stating that they are freely available. Until someone is nice and gives me one, im not holding my breath to get one....

16. kripz

kripz Member

There was an issue with the pre order: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/pending-authorization.160351/

17. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

18. joshpond

joshpond Member

19. sydney_kings

sydney_kings Member

awesome, big thanks joshpond :thumbup: - i've claimed the first one! :leet:

20. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member