Online Forms

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by bl4ck32, Apr 10, 2019.

1. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Hi all,

Seeking some information around electronic forms which would be used to capture and validate user data.

The forms provide access to another system, modify the users details or disables their access as they have moved on.

Essentially I would like to find out what would be the best way to set this up and with what specific tools?

What is available now is paper forms relying on several reports to validate the info collected on forms....a long and tedious process...

Any ideas on the best way to capture and validate the data from users? We would like to workflow the forms to various teams before coming for processing also.

Ideally it would check forms that have been submitted forms to add smarts to say to identify to the user that another job has been logged that conflicts or solves their issue, or identifies that another user's details require modification due to the change / setup requested...

This is a lot to ask, but I am stuck for ideas atm.....

Please help me Obi Wan....

2. neRok

neRok Member

What systems/databases are you already using for these other systems?

3. Primüs

Primüs Member

This is VERY workflow specific - I do a lot of this stuff as web-services (Even if its just locally hosted) as there is a lot of resources for form validation and rendering for websites built into the HTML spec and using jQuery (and server side) validation on top. So basically an intranet / internal web-app would be my suggestion. I personally just use PHP as its most portable langauge for web-services.

If you are looking to have this done as a paid job, feel free to reach out to me - i work as an integration and automation consultant so once i have an idea of your real workflow I could quote you time.

4. OP
    OP
    bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

thanks.

Looking around at what options are out there as there seems to be a lot of places that build forms however there are only a couple who offer data validation against a data set upon entry.

As mentioned, would really love it if there was a way to validate jobs against the current data but also against submitted jobs that are yet to be processed....Still looking around but looks like there is no out of box solution...

5. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

What does this mean exactly?

What is the other system?

Sounds like you need an IT ticketing system.
    Heres a list you might find useful:
    https://www.softwareadvice.com/sg/crm/it-ticketing-comparison/

6. Primüs

Primüs Member

Your making little sense - if you could post an example of dataset and processing workflow (doesnt have to be an exact example) just completely arbitrary), as if you have a custom data set and validation rules there'll never be out-of-the-box functionality, everything will require customisation.