1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Online ordering systems for restaurant

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by JolyV, Jul 11, 2012.

1. JolyV

JolyV Member

I'm in the restaurant biz, I´m very interested in advice on this type of options for my restaurant. I am interested in your experiences and knowledge about these systems.

thanks in advance

2. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+ordering+system+restaurant

Or on a more serious note.

How about you provide some useful information.

I've got experience a quiet a few Online Ordering systems, as well as many POS systems, some even specifically tailored to the food and hospitality areas.

But you've given me nothing to go on, not even what you want to achieve...

3. IACSecurity

IACSecurity Member

I'm online and would like to order 2 dozen petit four.

Thanks.

4. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

5. OP
    OP
    JolyV

JolyV Member

I just want to have personal opinions, to know if anyone has used and how profitable they are to use

6. BAK

BAK Member

I've used two. One of them was great and made me a trillionaire the other one led to my financial ruin.

Seriously, how did you get up to nearly 200 posts with posts like this? This is the Business & Enterprise Computing sub-forum. If you want specific answers, ask specific questions.

What sort of restaurants do you manage? What do you require the online system to do? Do you need it to organise delivery etc, or just submit orders for pickup? Does it need to have the functionality included to allow it to post useful details on forums asking for help about configuring itself since you are clearly incapable?

7. chunksoul

chunksoul Member

i have used a couple but i have no idea what your asking either.

8. GreyWolfe01

GreyWolfe01 Member

menulog.com.au?

9. power

power Member

menulog is great.

10. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

You obviously used them in the wrong order :).

@OP.

I could spend an hour writing of my experiences with Redcat or Bluize, but because you have told us NOTHING about how you anticipate using the software, My time might be wasted.

So how about you spend some time thinking about what you want to achieve. and then give us some more information regarding your current setup (how orders are taken and processed, what software and hardware you have in place).

Here, Let me start you off, As an excersize, B&EC can Mad-lib it

Hi I've got a restaurant specilising in ______ <Types of Food>
    Currently we can take orders by _____ and ______ <Methods of Taking Orders Currently>
    I'd like to allow my ______ to order online using _______ <Who and how we would like people to order>

Or you could go and post useless crap in the Dominos online ordering thread... They seem to have an online system that works ok... Is this similar to what you want?

11. OP
    OP
    JolyV

JolyV Member

what I want is this
    a system that allows my customers to place orders online(no phone, from home, work or wherever they are).
    My restaurant does not have Website, and I do not know if I need it for this.
    also I want to know if it is a good investment(sales increase or not)

12. obi

obi Member

You want people to order food online from a non-existent website, and want to know if you will get sales from this?

13. x0nt

x0nt Member

one answer, get yourself on menulog. done. close thread.

14. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

No, its a bad investment.

Simply because you have not taken the time or effort to put any thought into it at all.

If you're a pizza shop, that does deliveries, it might be a good investment, If you're an over 9000! star restauraunt who serves truffles on everything... then it probably isn't.

If you had told us any of this information, we would probably be more willing to help you.

15. death

death Member

I agree with the menulog idea

Menulog will do everything for you
    Keeps records and has reviews for customers etc..
    you can offer loyalty discounts etc..
    It has a wide customer base

16. thetron

thetron Member

I would suggest a mobile site instead with a free WIFI internet access

You can have it so when the user logs in. Automatically they get a pop-up to connect to the internal portal where the menu ordering system appears

Second suggestion is tour around australia look at other ordering system deployment. See what works, what needs improvement and how you can use it
    In Brisbane we have Waygu and there menu system is operated by a touch pad mounted on the wall

Hire a proper social media consultant with good reputation and bar/food experience. Like http://twillyon.com.au/
    Your gonna need this once your new meal ordering system is live

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  17. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

So you want people to order online.. in the store? :confused:

18. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Given that the OP has not told us what sort of establishment he is running... It's not surprising that other ideas are getting thrown into the mix.

When iPads were first released, some companies got some decent marketing out of them... the replaced their menus with iPads, and let users Order directly from them.

Same thing here, except you are avoiding the upfront cost of iPads.

19. thetron

thetron Member

You clearly misunderstand the last part

Alot of companies give their social media accounts to their facebook/twitter savvy staff member without a clue how to make social media work for them and eventually give up.

With this new tech to the store. You need to market your brand, new services and organisation to the general public

With an online ordering system or app. It's a additional way of bringing revenue into a business beside the internal systems, which are tied into the phyiscial store

You gotta think like a customer.
    - You finsh work.
    - Hungry.
    - Know a great place which serves chicken curry.
    - Pull up your phone and order it to pickup on the way home.

If the customer is inside the store. You can order using internal ordering system or optionally their mobile device

20. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Op my only comment would be if you allow online orders make sure you have them payment before completing an order. Personally if the restaurant is small dont bother, unless you do lots of take away.