OpenTTD 1.0 is released - shall we?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Matex, Apr 7, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Matex

Matex Member

How did it go? I'm keen to look at another game!

2. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I saw this thread last week and had no idea what OpenTTD was so did a bit of looking around and gents... Thankyou :thumbup:

This game is infinitely fun.

3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz Member

You might also like Simutrans (also open source):

http://www.simutrans.com/en/

It does, however., play a lot different to OpenTTD. Passengers / cargo for instance, have a specific location they wish to be taken to, so you can't just dump them anywhere.

4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Thankyou for the tip! I'll give that one a go too, because while it doesn't frustrate me gameplay-wise in TTD, it does frustrate my pedanticism a bit haha. It would add that degree of complexity I think is missing.

I had a good run tonight, still coming to terms with the basics bit was able to afford my first plane which was a bit of fun. I've dialled a few things up to make it a bit more challenging, but I'm really liking it so far.

Is there any way to have some AI competition offline in a random map game? I'd like to build against someone other than myself for a change!

5. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

played this years and years ago, when did he finally decide to open source it? I remember the author keeping it pretty close on the forums.

6. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Anyone got an Aussie server to kick around on? I keep joining random games, and then getting booted for not being "registered" or for not profiting enough when modifying my train network, and it's a real blow to lose 30 minutes of game play... :(

7. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Urge to OpenTTD... rising...

8. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

Have you played factorio? definitly fills the same gap (I play with biters/enemies off so its just sandbox logistics problemsolving)

9. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

You know, I was about to say that I thought it was war driven (I'm more peace, love and mungbeans baby these days), but as you suggest, if I can turn that stuff off...

10. SaTaN

SaTaN Member

about a year ago they removed the war requirements (and added space/infinite science to make the game effectivly open-ended). No reason to play with the aliens enabled if you dont want them

11. farma

farma Member

Anyone still play? I am up for a game next week.
    I also saw a similar game on the forums somewhere. Not sure it was the one mentioned here though. Something similar to ttd.