Opera 15+ (Chromium/Blink)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by MoorKhan, Jul 11, 2013.

1. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

Has anyone moved to v15, thoughts? Or given up on Opera?

I've installed for testing, but see little reason to use it for development or general use at this point. None of the features that made Opera useful seem to have been implemented yet. It feels very much like a reskinned chrome.

Finally having native NTLM auth is nice and the stash option could be quite useful (although it seems to share some functional overlap with speed dial and bookmarks).

I really need Dragonfly, view/save source, bookmarks and tab controls back before I'll use it regularly again. Would also like proper mouse gestures, the old UI customisation, the find UI, link search, ctrl click to save images and all the site preferences back. There's probably heaps more that I'll miss but don't use regularly :(

2. kripz

kripz Member

Uninstalled in less than 3 web pages. Back to 12.16.

It's an unfinished POS.

3. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I installed Opera 15 today, and found exactly this. Nothing that made me use Opera in the first place was present...

It should improve, but I went back to 12 very quickly! :lol:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I went from 12.15 to 15 earlier this week.. i tried to use it over the space of a day and yuk..

There's like half a browser there..

Back to 12.15..

5. mtma

mtma Member

Are they also using Chromium for their new mobile browser?

The other day I ditched chrome for Opera because the browsing experience was inferior, but noticed it was remarkably similar to chrome and very different to the Opera I had on my previous phone. For one the contextual zooming appears to be handled much like Chrome and unlike the older Opera. Rather disappointing since that was one of the reasons why I didn't want to use Chrome.

6. kripz

kripz Member

Yes it is 10char

7. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Did the new version of Opera get any better?

8. callan

callan Member

It's now up to 18, and is actually getting quite decent. I still have both versions around. Opera 15 was a steaming turd of alpha code, but you can now pretty much do everything with Opera chrome that you could do with Opera 12 - and it's now more stable.

Plugins are still a bit hit and miss - but the important ones work now.

Callan

9. mtma

mtma Member

One thing I noticed with Opera 18 is that with the vb3 default scheme on this forum that the OCAU title image is a different colour to the background. A quick comparo against Opera 12 suggests that the background colour is correct, but the image is rendered incorrectly in 18.

Wonder if anybody sees the same issue? I'm guessing this is a result of the colour management system being incomplete or not functional.

10. Lep

Lep Member

Just wanted to vent a little.

Opera 18 is bad. Really bad.

What type of modern internet browser doesn't have automatically open downloaded files? I cant even get it to save my password to enter my router.

Instantly back to opera 12.10 maybe after a little longer ill go to 12.16 based on recommendations.

My only problem with Opera 12 is that when im on reddit, viewed links revert back to blue links.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  11. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I'm finding the current version 24.x much better - basically good enough to move from Opera 12.x (which is good as the last security update was a long time ago now).

Wish I could move the tab bar to the bottom of the screen though.

12. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Anyone still use Opera?

My copy updated to 62.0.3331.43 this morning and am having major performance issues. Uninstall/reinstall didn't help.

Is it just me?

Edit: 62.0.3331.55 beta fixes the issues. :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  13. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

I do for work, and the update is pending, so I will give it a try and see how i go.

14. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

Yeah was going to say, no issues for me so far.

BuuBox likes this.