1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Optus Network Mobile Plan

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by glenpinn, Nov 2, 2021.

1. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Hey, i just scored a 1 month old RealMe C21 phone for free, it was bought last month from Woolies, but it is locked to Optus, and the person who gave it to me is no longer on an Optus mobile plan, so she can't get it unlocked unless i pay the $80 fee.

I want to give this phone to my mum because she has recently been complaining about her Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 getting slow, and it won't install some Apps that she wants to use.

She is currently on a $15 p/m 3gb Aldi plan (3gb) which i can cancel because i pay for it myself, and i will just put her on a 1 year plan that uses the Optus 4G network.

I looked around and found a 1 year 60gb deal with Amaysim for $120, which is ample for her, just curious if anyone here has used this mob before, or is there any other Optus provider that i should consider before jumping the gun.

https://www.amaysim.com.au/plans/lo...3ce13625fe4b&dclid=CMvLjs_F-PMCFYmR2AUd8RAJOQ

Any thoughts please.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

i'd consider Moose Mobile, been using them for almost a year now, with no issue

i went with them because they are one of the only MVNO's that offer Vo-Wifi and VoLTE, either of which may or may not be useful for you (i need Vo-Wifi at my house, reception is shocking)

currently < $10/month for unlimited calls/SMS and 6gb data

glenpinn likes this.
  3. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

I've used them before, no issues, good pricing, uses Optus network (re-seller) and their data allowances are very good. I recall during the initial pandemic they gifted me 55GB, twice for free.

JSmith

glenpinn likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Thanks m8, i bought the 365 day 60gb plan and i just got the new Sim card today, seemed to be the best deal i could find and i wanted a 365 day plan anyway, and this plan is not discounted for the first 365 days then have to pay extra on the next recharge like other providers do, this will auto renew at $120 which is great.

JSmithDTV likes this.
  5. danhendo888

danhendo888 Member

6. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

Just a note about the Amaysim plan that i put my mum on, so far it seems to be great after 5 months of use, and i have already bought her a $120 recharge voucher and applied it to her account ready for the Auto renewal in December, which they do automatically on the due date, and will use the $120 credit to pay for the next years service.

Might look at Amaysim for myself as well, i am still on the Woolies 365 day plan for a couple of months, so will change over once that expires.

7. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

circles.life is same deal, but you can go month to month, $10/month for 5gb

8. OP
    OP
    glenpinn

glenpinn Member

The Amaysim 60gb 365 day plan is $99 for the first 12 months, then it moves to $120 thereafter, which is why i got that deal for my mum.