OSX Lion Scrolling Poll

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by Raykay, Jul 31, 2011.

?

Which Do You Prefer

1. Natural Scrolling

33.7%
  2. Regular Scrolling

66.3%
  1. Raykay

Raykay Member

Simple question guys...

Do you prefer Natural Scrolling, or Regular Scrolling.

Discuss below if you wish.

2. jamesvdm

jamesvdm Member

Natural because it's colour and preservative free.

3. zach

zach (Banned or Deleted)

Natural, used to it now.

4. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

Took me probably three or four days to use it, now it's incredibly natural and I find going onto a Windows PC to be alien and actually counter-intuitive.

When using my Magic Mouse, however, I like it the other way so I've set that up.

5. Deliverancexx

Deliverancexx (Banned or Deleted)

I don't care, I use whatever so left it on the new kind of scrolling.

6. Chundermuffin

Chundermuffin Member

I got used to it very quickly. As with others I'm at the point where scrolling with the old way on other setups is strange. Even with a scroll mouse the regular way now feels weird!

7. JaCe88

JaCe88 Member

Ditto. I thought it was weird at first but I got used to it very quickly for vertical scrolling.

I realised that it also applies to horizontal scrolling too and am getting used to it.

8. steelbom

steelbom Member

Natural. Confuses me a little when switching between Lion and Windows 7 though, haha.

9. akqrate

akqrate Member

Natural is no good for me, I can't get used to it with a screen I can't touch. Works well for all iOS devices but for the Macs, no. Regular scrolling is where it's at.

10. jars121

jars121 Member

I'm a fan of the Lion scrolling. I only received a Lion-based Mac yesterday, and so far I've definitely found it more intuitive than the traditional way. As someone that uses inverted controls when gaming, this makes perfect sense :p

11. Anthoclocker

Anthoclocker Member

I might actually try natural. I didnt realise Ive been doing this on my android, though it would confuse the hell out of me with the bluetooth mouse with scrollwheel that I have, but maybe that can be reconfigured?

12. antari

antari Member

Natural, this being my first Mac I decided to give the default setting a try. Of course having had an iPhone for 12 months beforehand may have made part of the decision anyway :Pirate:

Feels unnatural going back to the 80% of the computers I support that are Windows :lol:

13. birdie

birdie Member

I've got it set on regular atm due to using a Dell BT mouse when I'm sitting at my desk with my MBP, so it feels wrong to have to scroll the wheel the wrong way... I did try to have the trackpad on natural and the mouse on regular but the setting applies to both...

I also use 99% Windows PCs at work, so that may get a bit confusing too...

I may change it to Natural if I end up replacing my BT mouse with a Magic Trackpad... then it probably would work for me i think...

14. gumdrops2006

gumdrops2006 Member

Regular scrolling for me. I use a mouse most of the time with my MacBook Pro so it is confusing having natural scrolling set. IMO natural scrolling only works for touch screen devices. :confused:

15. jimbow

jimbow Member

Natural all the way. Everything about it feels right. I've also installed Scroll Reverser on my Snow Leopard Mac mini. :p