OUYA game console powered by Android

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by AMLagonda, Jul 11, 2012.

1. negatron

negatron Member

To be perfectly honest it takes a bit longer than I thought to get it set up "just right" as the dropbox side loading thing gets annoying really quickly. And i'm not quite there yet.

Tested XMBC playing Bray rip of transformers last night. it plays ok, though I think i'll try to see if any of the android players like MX or mobo player might have more efficient codecs to allow more head room for things like track seeking.

I'm going to do some quick research on mapping network drives to it over cifs or samba or nfs or something. Once that's sorted it'll be gold!

Oh, and I see ppl begging to design mini NES/ nintendo / sega cases for these things to live in with port expanders... the awesome is growing...

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. trop

trop Member

Have you tried any emulators on it? This is my main interest in the console if it runs 8bit and 16bit perfectly I'm sold.

3. kangathekat

kangathekat (Banned or Deleted)

thanks for the all the links. im going to buy one as it seems most likely it will all be sorted by the time i get it. and this thing looks awesome for everything not just XBMC.

4. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

Got mine today (arrived on tues but missed the delivery).

Synched my old transformer tablet with it to use as a wireless keyboard, downloaded and installed xbmc via the browser ... now its building the media library off of a networked nas box :)

Only minor issue so far is that the wireless range seems a bit weak, certainly not as good as my phone/tablet, but otherwise pretty sweet so far.

5. negatron

negatron Member

Moorkhan you might have to teach me how to map network drives to this thing as I'm a noob when it comes to networking.

All i managed to get mine to do is to "see" the upnp source from the xmbc running from the n40L.

would rather it be able to "see" and map the actual folder so it can build its own library files on the ouya.

6. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

I didn't do anything special, just installed xbmc on the ouya (downloaded from browser then clicked on it in the download directory).

Once I had xbmc running, I selected
    * videos -> files
    * add videos - > browse
    * windows network (smb)

Then I could browse my network and select/index network shares.

You could probably install something like ES File Explorer if you wanted network access outside xbmc though, that's what I use on my transformer.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  7. OP
    OP
    AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

OMG Mine is on the way lol

Probably wont use it after all this waiting, but I will see what the games are like.

I think the N64 emulation is where its at.

8. Mad Mike

Mad Mike Member

I recieved my email today as well, saying its on its way. I wonder about mame running on it.

9. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

yeah i got my email too... kinda looking forward to it... i dunno i wanted it months ago... lol

10. Gunlock

Gunlock Member

Got my email as well.

Looking forward to not having my pc on overnight to download stuff.

Edit: oh, and games.

11. Oblique

Oblique Member

#myouyaiscoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, here's a reply I got on XDA forums re: multi-channel audio.

sawse

12. negatron

negatron Member

Loaded up mario on a big screen and played with a controller for the first time in years.

Pure Gold :thumbup:

13. OP
    OP
    AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

Just got my tracking Email... so sick of the bitches whining on the OUYA facebook pages :tired:

14. Mr_LeE

Mr_LeE Member

Hey guys, I got the OUYA email with my tracking number on it last week, but it said:

"Check it with this URL below to see where your items is".

But the email cut short, and there was no URL.

Does anyone have that URL handy for me please?

15. OP
    OP
    AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

I dont think the tracking works anyway.... Apparently this DHL tracking is really crap.
    I got the tracking info 4 days ago and it still cant find the tracking number.

16. khoile

khoile Member

I've got the same issue, have tracking number, but no tracking link. Plugging the tracking details into DHL global mail tracker and it cannot be found :-/ Has been 9 days since I got the email. What's the average wait from email to delivery?

17. clinic

clinic Member

I've got the same issue with DHL tracking as the above two posters. Nice to see we are not alone!

18. FarZK

FarZK Member

I got my tracking notification on the 8th, Ouya rocked up today. still nothing found on the tracking website. ignore the tracking guys - it just doesn't work. delivery looks to be around 1-2 weeks from delivery notification

19. bolex17

bolex17 Member

Been playing around with my OUYA for a week now... Haven't touched any of the games in the App store.

XBMC runs flawlessly, make sure you are running the Gotham libstagefright version with H/W accelerator plays 720p/1080p via WiFi fine.

Emulator side of things, got SNES/PSX/N64 crankin 95% of all my games play fine, considering some emulators haven't been fully optimised for the OUYA it's a pretty good start.. Synced my PS3 controller for as the OUYA controller itself just doesn't feel right.

20. ice_cool

ice_cool Member

how does it run as a separate app? (i don't own one and don't really know how they work).

would be cool if i could use it to replace my raspberry pi