Overclocking a 1060 Turbo

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by JamalH, May 4, 2021.

1. JamalH

JamalH Member

I have an overclock on my 1060 Turbo which seems to be pretty good, completes benchmarks and long sessions gaming, as you can see in the screen shot it has +110 on core and +500 on memory but once i start gaming it throttles to lower 1900s as temps rise should i increase the voltage a tad?

Attached Files:

2. Sunder

Sunder Member

That's just thermal throttling. No way to avoid it.

To get the most out of a Pascal card, you should be using the curve tuner and cranking up the max voltage. (1.093v).

Start there, find the highest stable frequency, then go to the next voltage bracket down. See if it can hold the same frequency. If yes, move another voltage bracket down. If no, stay on the same voltage bracket, but drop one frequency bracket. 13mhz, I think.

Rinse and repeat until the whole curve is. stable. The process undervolts and overclocks at the same time, giving you power when you need it, and saving you heat and card lifetime when you don't

3. OP
    OP
    JamalH

JamalH Member

By max voltage you mean the core voltage % slider? sorry ive been out of the game a very long time

4. Sunder

Sunder Member

Yeah. That slider doesn't actually change the voltage. That's determined by the video card algorithm written to the bios. E.g. if you're on a 2D windows desktop, the voltage will probably just sit at 800mv or so, no matter what your slider is set to. The slider will only change the maximum voltage, and even then, still limited to the Nvidia hard limit.

Mine for example, would only go to 1.062v on 100%. With the slider all the way up, I can get a few extra Mhz by going to 1.093

5. OP
    OP
    JamalH

JamalH Member

Ok mate thanks for the advice, you have been a great help.

Ive seen people get ridiculous numbers out of these cards