Overwatch

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Moakek, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Moakek

Moakek Member

[​IMG]
    Overwatch Website

Current Important Information
    • Winter Wonderland 2017 event LIVE

Upcoming Events
    • N/A

PTR
    • N/A

OCAU Discord Server
    OCAU Discord Server - Join to chat and play with other OCAU players.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I was meh at the beginning of the gameplay trailer and found it had hooked me a bit by the end.

Interesting but not sure of the staying power, but I prefer my story based games instead of re-running the same maps endlessly.

3. hi_lectro

hi_lectro Member

So... tf2 blizzard style.

4. NSanity

NSanity Member

kinda reminds me of Brink.

Which i liked. A lot.

Also its kinda what if you took a MOBA (and the ludicrous powers that the heroes have) and made it an FPS.

Longer lifespans sounds awesome too - I watched a video w/ Fatality and a few other oldschool quakers, killing people in a blink of an eye makes for a certain style of game play. Having people live longer opens up more possibilities and the potential for deeper game play.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  5. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

looks like a TF2 re-hash

6. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yeah looks like Blizz's take on TF2m with the one trick pony style of gameplay.

I'm eager, nonetheless.

7. Oppressa

Oppressa Member

I'll be in for sure.

Love my FPS and MMO FPS.

8. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Really surprising how similar the gameplay looks to TF2. At least they're not trying to hide it I suppose.

I'll be very keen so see more of this.

9. flinchy

flinchy Member

blizz fortress 2

no customization turns me off it a lot

can't think of an fps where you can't pick and choose SOMETHING in the last decade... unless they mean custom game modes.. in which case boo hiss, they didn't learn from SC2.. ugh. it's not up to them to make custom things and say it's too complex.. it's up to the users ffs.

10. RnR

RnR Member

Not familiar with tf2, but I played and loved Global Agenda a fair bit and the game modes listed in the OP sounds very familiar. So another Global Agenda, but not from lowrez? Hell yeah! :D

11. raGneG

raGneG Member

I think they'll pair this with a TV series or movies. I think the trailer was for that portion more so than the game. I think they looked at Defiance and TF2 and cherry picked from both with the MOBA hero mentality. Keen to check it out for sure. Don't know hoooowww long it will hold my attention.

12. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Honestly was expecting something better from them, not gonna bother with this.

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

I think it looks great, love the art style a lot.

14. [PnP]dredd

[PnP]dredd Member

Looks like it's gonna be worth trying - see how the classes interact, map quality, whether spam is rewarded, how annoying spies are in public games, matchmaking/ranking etc. It's going to need a decent community to have legs.

"you can do things other than put a crosshair over targets, as that is what drives people away from other shooters."

i.e. there's an engineer class lol

Beta signup

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

And then the user will bitch and moan because it's too complex and Blizzard will spend more time redesigning it...

16. Rezin

Rezin Member

Done. Looks interesting. They'll have to get a good mix of gameplay, community, and updates (not letting the game die, by only updating/introducing new features every 6 months).

17. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

When I originally saw this I thought it was a TF2 clone, but looking at it more to me it's like an fps moba game which I don't think has been done before? Every hero has 4 skills including an ultimate. There's your core offensive heroes, tanks and supports. 6v6 part is interesting since most of the moba style competitive games are 5v5.

I watched the Overwatch panel with my virtual ticket and they had a match the blizzard guys played with some commentators over the top. Even though I didn't really know what was going on, but I did enjoy watching the gameplay.

Here's a link to the footage here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPhpDEUfyOI#t=3174

18. mtma

mtma Member

I don't think the comparisons to TF2 are fair, TF2 is a very dry game, in modern standards. It is no surprise that other shooters maintained and gained higher overall popularity. Valve managed to take out what made tf interesting in the first place to make tf2.

Then they made it a hat collecting simulator.

blizzard seems to have mixed in just enough of what they know to make this interesting. their persevereence will hopefully turn out a fresh game. Although this isn't the first time they've attempted FPS is it?

19. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

The game seems more along the lines of Gigantic but with a few less MOBA elements maybe? Will be interesting to see how different they really are or if Motiga got the short end of the stick, by getting their announcement out first but being overwhelmed by the Blizzard name.

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

tf2 artwork and maybe the healer, is about the only similarity..

thought blizzard would be happy enough with the billions they make with WoW..

does look fun but I think itl suit RPG players better then FPS players as I dont think a good aim is what itl take, will need to use powers wisely..

will keep eye on it for sure :thumbup: