1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Moakek, Sep 10, 2014.

1. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Nah, the reason solo is shit is #1 Korean trash instalock soldiers. #2, people who think mercy is a good pick, #3 leavers.

I afk all my 5v6 comp games as well. i aint gonna try hard on a lost game.

2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

finished my placement matches, ended with a leaver on my team at 0 all, of course we lost but it still counts.

Yayy..

3. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Don't do it in QP either! There's people there who want to have fun but more casually than in comp they don't deserve to have their game they paid for ruined by complete fuckwits like that guy.

4. iinsom

iinsom Member

Mercy is a shit hero??

-.-a

5. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

By the looks of your previous posts. You are between 1900 and 2300, and at that skill range, meta is pretty irrelevant. Any hero you are actually good with is a good pick.

You play on PC or Console?

6. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

Mercy is a great hero. Certainly a far more consistent hero then Ana at lower ranks. If anything I'd rather see Mercy at < 2000 SR then an Ana because chances are that Ana will have a < 50% accuracy, average grenade usage and probably miss every sleep dart or not use it all.

Around 2500 and I can somewhat understand people not being as enthusiastic about having a Mercy compared with having a competent Ana (which is still a coin flip at that rank as well though). Going past 3000 SR and you need to be using Mercy to her full potential, although if you can pull it off she's still very viable in competitive and there is at least 1 Mercy Main in the top 500 (EeveeA).

Something not to be underestimated is that Mercy has the highest comeback potential in the game. Both in terms of outright huge rezs and through momentum rezs that wreck your opponents ultimate economy (1 ultimate effectively undoing 2 or more ultimates and it's one of the faster charging ultimates in the game).

And now for the trash footage you've all been waiting for. A hanzo main has been born :) Special mention goes to Vargles with his awesome ice walls.

https://youtu.be/__Txu9Jmgms

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  7. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member

I think Mercy is OK as well, very binary though because so much of her use comes from rez. Her effectiveness depends a lot on the enemy team's dps/flankers killing her first in a team fight so it's really easy to have a pretty useless Mercy or a very useful (game changing) Mercy.

She can also be a bit of a pub destroyer in QP as nobody is on comms. Nobody notices the Mercy is hiding until it's too late and the teamfight has kicked on and then a good rez is enough to wreck your team's ult economy. PharMercy being a thing now is also a huge pain in the ass. I honestly think I would rather go up against a good Ana in solo-q QP than I would a good Mercy. Ana is a beast and even if you dive her there's still the chance she kicks your ass but hiding Mercy in uncoordinated games can be a nightmare.

8. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

mercy is trash even on my diamond account they are trash.

The main reason i hate them is because all people seem to do is sit there and hold left click, , always healing the tanks who already have full health while the dps go in for pics and die.

its pretty rare to see them damage boosting anyone lol. not to mention they hold the res for 3 minutes waiting for that epic 5-6 man res, when she can get her ult so fucking quick you should be using that res more often, even if its 2 or 3 people, at least if its the ones doing the most impact to the game.

but nope, gotta just stand there like a spastic waiting for that trash POTG.

if i see mercy, i always pick a self healer. i sound like a ****, but honestly nothing shits me more in this game then a healer who cant fucking heal, just play lucio then, or just uninstall.

9. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Had a reasonable run of games tonight turn out as a win streak, gained a ton of rank, and climbed all the way up to....

10. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

If only we didn't have to put up with the absolute trash 3-stack for the last 2 games. An Ana who couldn't heal a moving target (but at least wasn't too toxic), one guy who in the end I barely noticed cause he was rarely doing his job and the most toxic DPS player who spent the entire game having a tantrum in team chat because he wasn't DPS.

In other news my Sober account placed in high gold (2461) if I remember correctly) and is at 2626 after 2 games (gotta love the streak bonus).

11. iinsom

iinsom Member

Meanwhile, down in wood tier :upset::upset:

12. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

How do people have multiple accounts? Are they buying the game more than once? Seems mad to me.

What's the advantage of having multiple accounts?

13. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Split personality. One can be a good guy who fills heals, one can be the dickhead that insta-locks DPS.

One for soloQ, one for stacks.

One when drunk, one when sober.

Can't afford it myself.

14. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If you buy it when it's on sale (pretty often) you can get 2 copies for the normal RRP.

Still retarded though.

15. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Not "sound like", "are". You really should stick to 1v1 or single player games. You should also get some therapy.

16. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member

What are your dudes b.nets? Anyone interested in playing with a filthy Genji main? (also average Ana)

17. Unframed

Unframed Member

Jump on the discord man (mentioned in OP). When people are on jump in and ask for bnets, much easier that way.

Mine is LUNCHBOX651#6378

I bought a second copy from Argentina for $30.

The advantage is yet to be seen. For me I want to see how much my garbage first 2 seasons of comp are affecting the current season, if a clean slate gives me better placements.

18. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member

Thanks man, I'll do that!

My b.net is NiGHTS#2721, I'll add you later.

19. HouseChampion

HouseChampion Member

Well I just came across my first obvious cheater. First half nothing suss, then on defence was super obvious aimbot. Guy by the name of Disregard

20. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member