1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Moakek, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Unframed

Unframed Member

The OWL skins <3

2. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

So what free skins is everyone getting?

3. Unframed

Unframed Member

Mayhem Dva for main
    Dynasty Genji for alt

I'll be getting each accounts mains in those teams progressively

4. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Yay for mercy nerf. Finally the bliz devs actually used their brains for once.Now just nerf skillrat so the game isn't just RNG and pointless.

tried to pick a widow owl skin last night, its to damn hard to pick! her booty looks to good in every skin :(

5. Unframed

Unframed Member

They are nerfing him, his mine now has falloff dmg in PTR and live the tire is audible while in the air and on roofs

6. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

you guys signing up for the extra free skin? I've already got dynasty D'va (seemed fitting).

7. Unframed

Unframed Member

Yeah I did for both accounts so I can save as much money as possible while getting all the OWL skins I want

8. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Anyone else enjoying the CTF? I think it's a good addition and i hope it stays in the game in some way.

A change of pace is always good.

9. Unframed

Unframed Member

It's a good change of pace but a permanent comp ctf mode would be lame IMO

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

You has a smurf account now?

11. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Yep - I uninstalled last week. After a decent 200+ hours since it came out I just tilted off the face of the planet and uninstalled. Comp or QP it didn't matter - just couldn't handle it any more for some reason. Which is a shame because I'm really enjoying OWL which makes me want to play.

12. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Take a few days off untill you get the motivation back, sometimes i get tilted and stop playing for a few days then just watch a bunch of new youtube compilations from some of the streamers to get me hyped up for the game again, overwatch is one game i cant play for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time, its not a game i can play tired, or tilted, or when im in a "meh im bored lets play ow" mood, it just doesnt work. You dont need to go try hard mode but if im playing in a meh mood it never turns into a good game.

the hanzo changes are probably the worst thing ive seen in this game so far, Along with the fact that the game constantly changes to reward players who just spam. its really sad that they pick oh hanzo cause he can 1 shot with scatter, if scatter was really OP then you would see a fucking hanzo every game but guess what you see instead? A skill-less junkrat main.

yeh i know, they nerfed him but its not enough. junkrat = spambot. so retarded.

lol im just tilted cause i dropped from 2.6 down to 1900ish on my alt and i havent even done s7 placements on my main which sits at a shitty 2.7 lol

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  13. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

oh so it wasn't just me, i had a horrendous run last week.

14. 123realtalk

123realtalk Member

I went from 3197 to about 2680 all last week, no idea what happened :(

15. Unframed

Unframed Member

100% agree here. I usually just have the day off and I'm good but if you're tilted or not feeling it it's just a bad time.

I like the idea of his changes as a hanzo player and as a tank player. Being able to 1 shot Orisa and Zarya without a headshot is a big problem and any half decent hanzo can do it.
    Junkrat's mine change, as expected hasn't changed the ability for any half decent player to get kills, I still throw them over walls with educated guesses and get kills. I think they should have dropped damage to 100 or so with dropoff and make the throwback of the mine bigger so you can use it more for getting the fuck away from someone who is going to kill the shit out of you. The reality is though, Junkrat's core play is spam, it always will be. Best way to clean him up is to force long sightlines on him and get a mccree/soldier/widow/hanzo to clean him up.

16. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

He needs to take damage if his own bombs are in his face the same way pharah does. If he throws a mine in your face and blows you up he need to take some damage for that imho. it will force junk mains to use their brains, a little.

i lost about 200 sr just from leaving games early also, getting connected to SEA and AMERICAN servers triggered me, ide rather leave early and take the -50sr than have to sit through 250ping with a team whos allergic to the point.

17. Unframed

Unframed Member

The issue with that is that he can't mine jump if they added that and missing a target could kill him. Would put him in garbage tier... again.

18. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

true, but soldier takes damage when he rocket jumps.

even if it his mine takes like 10hp off him it will help, they need to add a proper mechanic to his play style to get him out of spam tier. if hes on 10hp and someone managed to accidentally end up in his face, even if they react quicker than him they will die instantly to spam. very unfair, yes you can go widow or hanzo and sit back to focus him down but the same can be said about hanzo and his scatter being an issue, hanzo has alot of counters even to his scatter but they still changed him due to being able to 1 shot a hero that has 2 direct counters to his scatter ( orisa ), junkrat spamming randomly from the spawn into the choke or point has no counter.

19. Unframed

Unframed Member

Soldier is different though, his helix jump is an unintended thing just like zarya's equiv.

He will always be spam tier - that's his job. Even when his nades damaged him. You've got to work around his setup. He's squishy and can't do shit at range in the open, that alone is enough to take him out. Like I get killed by Jrat spam all the time especially as tracer but at no point have I thought it was a challenge to take him down.

20. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

eh okay