1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Moakek, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Unframed

Unframed Member

Seekerr... the meme works for you too old friend

2. fulltimewinner

fulltimewinner Member

I'm slightly sad about role lock, because I'm a support main but flex all roles and heroes, and I know if I'm flex to dps and not feeling it then I can just ask someone else to swap roles with me, but that wont be the case.
    However I can just spam Ana and Zen now without getting 5 other support mains on my team haha

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  3. Unframed

Unframed Member

I'd say you get in funks where you are underperforming because you don't get to play it much. The more you play the more consistent you'll be

4. fulltimewinner

fulltimewinner Member

All I have been doing is playing Ana recently. Like straight up one tricking haha peppered with a little zen

5. zbone

zbone Member

Did a little experiment after role lock announcement - on one account kept forcing DPS pick of "what I feel to play now" regardless. End result is 600SR lost over the last week or so from high diamond. Most hours played on this account.
    On another I did the opposite - played "fill only", lost 250 SR from mid diamond, win rate is just slightly better than on the DPS-lock account.
    Ironically, spamming Orissa only on third account yielded 250SR gain over 3 hours at ridiculous winrate to 3.2k

I don't know what to make of it other than the ranked has never felt so random and toxic before.

bart5986 and Unframed like this.
  6. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

Orisa is OP (in quickplay at least, i only really do placements). Cannot f-ing wait for role-lock, so sick of teams of insta-pick DPS.

7. fulltimewinner

fulltimewinner Member

If you want to win comp, you play hog orisa atm

8. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I wouldn't say Orisa is OP alone though, its just that she pairs very very well with particular champs.

Its definitely a lame hero though with that shield spam, but perfectly fits in with all the other stupid decisions that were made with certain heroes that promote boring gameplay like the fact that an insane amount of their heroes have self heal.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  9. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

I've had some pretty ridiculous damage-blocked stats with her. less than 2K damage blocked per min is a bad game.

10. Unframed

Unframed Member

Not always the best stat, a bad riptire is an easy 500 blocked etc. He shield is kind of awkward at times and you can halt hook over it for easy picks not shield break required.

11. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I thought they were adding in role lock?

12. Commie_Mike

Commie_Mike Member

99% of the damage is the other team trying to bash through shield but not really committing. countering also takes a bit of coordination and timing. It's too much effort for when i'm literally just sitting there like "hurr durrr" *drops shield and holds left click*. I think an ok counter is something like a hammond, sombra, tracer, some annoying flanker that draws way too much attention. No escape means she's free realestate when the team runs off to chase a wreckingball.

13. fulltimewinner

fulltimewinner Member

Anyone here interested in a short (30-60 minute) 1 on 1 vod coaching session with me?
    I'm master on 8 accounts and play all characters (mainly ana/zen atm) and currently play in the champion div in AAOL.
    Can help out with mechanics, positioning, game sense, how to play soloq etc. Literally anything you want to improve on really.
    Just let me know, happy to do a couple for the gang here.

14. Unframed

Unframed Member

It depends on the teams and map. You don't need shield break if you have high ground pressure. A mobile team flanking or taking high ground can shut down orisa quickly without much more than focusing the correct targets.

15. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

6 months of next to no overwatch and I'm back in wood tier .

16. Unframed

Unframed Member

Congrats

17. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

Finally, my chance to get back into Overwatch!

Only I'm, like, 3 times as rusty as that.

18. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So BlizzCon announced an Overwatch 2. IMO it looks fantastic!

I honestly don't think it should be Overwatch 2, as it only adds maps and campaign based action (stories). It's honestly more of a major expansion IMO.

Never the less, it's amazing.

https://blizzcon.playoverwatch.com/en-gb/trailer

19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

The PvP maps are also being added into Overwatch 1 and ow1 and 2 players can play together on those maps

It's pretty much a co op expansion with some graphics enhancements, I'm okay with that. They've given us so many free updates over the years

Unframed, walker_2003 and Madengineer like this.
  20. mesaoz

mesaoz Member