1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

[Owners club] Acer Predator X34 G-sync monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by kot0005, Oct 17, 2015.

1. vinhsta

vinhsta Member

Can I ask where did you get yours from? purely to know which store has "newer" stock.

2. solid_snake

solid_snake Member

Centrecom in Sunshine, it was the last one available

Did a few more tests last night, the monitor does 100hz without any coil whine. There is actually a fair bit of BLB on the bottom left corner of the screen but its not enough for me to want to return it.

Edit: The OSD controls are atrocious

3. vinhsta

vinhsta Member

thanks mate.

4. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I have a pretty deep desk - in fact I am using an Ikea dining room table - but the Pedator stand brings the monitor SO far away from the wall! Also, with the way the legs sit I can't really fit anything under the monitor - I would love my headphone amp to sit there, but there ain't enough room.

So has anyone successfully used a monitor arm for their predator?

I was thinking of getting the Ergotron LX Desk mount LCD arm - but I am wondering if I will be back to square one with it being too deep by the time you push it back against the wall?

The other option is wall mounting - but then it will be in a fixed position...

5. motion2082

motion2082 Member

PLE must be sick of me reserving this monitor and failing to pay within 7 days. With CES hours away I can't make a decision to drop $1300 on a 2 year old design

6. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

Sure but do you think any replacement model will come in for less than $1799?

7. motion2082

motion2082 Member

No freaken way...they will milk us for everything we have

8. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Sure it's a 2 year old design... but with CES2017, Acer won't come out with something new given the are intent on the X34P and getting that into people's hands first.

That's my prediction anyway.

9. Partha

Partha Member

So got one from PCCG as the X34P has been pushed all the way back to Q4 of 2017 (https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...ayed_to_late_q4_2017/?st=IW27M1X7&sh=a085d1f9) , but it does have some back light bleed. It is hard to notice but when I did have a full black screen image on, I can see the black light bleed slightly. This is shown below

When I take a camera snap, it looks like this
    [​IMG]

But the camera is indeed over exposing the BLB area as it is a complete dark room. So I took a video and screengrabbed from the video so it looks like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also in full black screen, I can see some "color banding" in the screen, shown beloe
    [​IMG]

Is this normal or should I return it for a exchange ? EDIT: Strangely the color bading issue seems to have now gone !

The manufacuring date is November 2016. What do you guys suggest ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. Partha

Partha Member

Has anyone got an Acer Predator X34 recently that has no, I mean absolutely no black light bleeding ?

11. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Does the bleed effect change as you view it from different angles? If so, it is IPS glow instead of bleed, which is apparently common in this panel.

Bleed is not as common, just depends if you are happy to live with it..

12. Partha

Partha Member

When I turn the brightness all the way down to zero, it vanishes. So I am assuming this is bleeding rather then IPS glow ?

13. awnm

awnm Member

May have no choice for the Acer's - looks like only a 1080p was announced at CES.

14. Partha

Partha Member

OK does any one have a warranty claim experience with PCCG regarding Predator X34 or any other monitor. Seent PCCG some pics today and they asked me to fill up the warranty form to get an RA number. Does any one knows what happens form there. Do I get charged for restocking fee if they take the item back on warranty claim, and if they replace the monitor, will they charge me extra as the price of the monitor has now gone back up to A$1449 where as my purchase price is A$1299 ? Any insights regarding this is welcome.

Also if I take my monitor to an Acer Repair/Service Centre, should they fix the BLB issue for free ? Is there any Acer Service centre around Melbourne ? Any one has any experience with them (ACER Service Centres) ?

15. Partha

Partha Member

Hi all, this is an update. I did take the monitor to PC Case Gear and they had a look in a dark room for 15 odd minutes and then straight away accepted that it is too much BLB and gave me a brand new sealed monitor. I was hoping against all odds that the new monitor will have absolute zero BLB. That however didnt come true. But thankfully this new monitor has way less BLB then the first one - very minimal BLB. PC Case Gear not only tested the new monitor for BLB on my request, but also dead pixel before handing over the new monitor to me. Thanks to PC Case Gear for their great help. That is why it is great to buy from shops like PC Case Gear and Scorptech - excellent customer service.

16. motion2082

motion2082 Member

I wish PLE did this, they're my local and never have time for good customer service like PCCG

Can't hand over $1300 for this reason ^^^

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  17. Partha

Partha Member

PCCG is not my local either. My very closest shops are all from CPL. But after the warranty experiences I had with CPL, I am now happy to travel half and hour to reach Scorptech or about 45 odd minutes to PCCG to get my stuffs. For anything costly that may need warranty, I will now stick to the shops that have great service to customers.

18. motion2082

motion2082 Member

Don't get me wrong, PLE will happily refund your monitor for BLB or IPS Glow, they don't try hard to replace the monitor and they certainly won't do what PCCG did for you Partha

19. frashed

frashed Member

Can anyone recommend a good full-motion desktop mount for these? Everything I find seems to be for max 27" screen sizes.

20. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Ergotron LX should work nicely :thumbup: