P3V4X and GeForce3

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by rhobson, Jun 28, 2001.

1. rhobson

rhobson Member

Greetings all! (glad the forums are back... just miss the P3V4X forum!)

Anyone have any problems with GeForce3 cards and the P3V4X? I haven't upgraded (from my GeforceDDR) yet because I know there was a problem with this motherboard and the GeForce2 cards (with cold-boot problems, no AGP4x etc).

Though the specs on the G3 cards call for less power from the AGP slot than the G2 cards, I haven't seen any thumbs up or down from the masses yet on this issue.

Thanks!

2. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Member

Well again poster on Netq which I help out on said he had no booting issues with the Gf3. All I got to do is afford 1 now or get Asus to give me 1 instead of the GF2 I won.

Any1 else got 1 on our P3V4X board.
    Tony:p

3. Powermike

Powermike Member

Don't worry about cold boot issues using the P3V4X, here's the solution, works great for me since sometime in November 2000...

http://www.btinternet.com/~p3v4x/vr_mod.htm

By the way, AGP-4X runs fine since the VIA 4in1 driver 4.28...

Powermike

4. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Member

Yeah my agp4x causes no angst at all though still assisting posters on net q having issues with Mxs. Though usually asus 7100s.

For those unaware and this may be small the newer via 4 in 1 drivers load the agp registry hack without warning you so best to set agp 4x to 2x in bios first and see if board stable at that 1st.
    Tony