1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

P67 (1155) motherboards with mininum 4x SATA3?

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by OZeight, Feb 3, 2011.

1. OZeight

OZeight Member

Since the SATA2 bug was announced it's put a fly in the ointment here. I was ready to buy a Gigabyte P67A-UD4, had everything I needed but now 2x SATA3 ports don't cut it, I need a a board with 4 of them as to avoid using SATA2 at all. I know I could get the UD5 instead but at +$70 for a board that will be next to worthless come April if I don't RMA it I think it's pointless forking out too much on a motherboard now unless you need the greater features.

So ruling Gigabyte out, which other manufacturers are people looking at for around the $200 budget?

EDIT: Or would a PCIE addon card be worth considering to fill the gap until April comes?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. Skramit

Skramit Member

ASROCK Extreme4 and Extreme6 will fit your requirements. Good value too.

3. OP
    OP
    OZeight

OZeight Member

Thanks will check em out!

- Yep ASROCK P67 Extreme4 looks the goods and cheaper to boot. Now to find out who is still selling them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  4. lulwut^

lulwut^ Member

I would only be using 3 sata ports for my ssd/hdd and optical drive, Since ASRock boards have 4 sata3/6gb would there be any real need to RMA or exchange the board once April comes?

5. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

Got my M4E same day the news hit, so I'm using the 4 Sata3 I have and 1 day RMAing

6. NewKleer

NewKleer Member

no there wouldnt. i got an extreme6 today and dont anticipate ever using the other ports. may still exchange if its easy enough to do, but arent too fussed.

7. mitsimonsta

mitsimonsta Member

I'm surprised that anywhere is selling P67 boards now....

8. OP
    OP
    OZeight

OZeight Member

Who did you buy it from? I'm looking for an Extreme4 but 1 by 1 they dissapear. Had it in my basket at PCCG and they stopped selling. According to StaticIce MSY still have them but they are impossible to contact and I don't want to do a 200KM round trip for nothing.

9. NewKleer

NewKleer Member

MSY had 1 extreme4 when i checked today (but they dont post). i was gonna get it but they said they were out of stock - but thats cause they had reserved it for me i found out when i got home! - so i got the extreme6 instead, which is fine). i wouldnt bother driving there for it

blacktea or whatever (staticice) might have one, ring/check with them (and tell them you dont need to use sata2 ports if they mention it).

others are >$200 i think, didnt check stock there. megaware (says 3 in stock for extreme4, 197 or something) etc

10. lulwut^

lulwut^ Member

PCCG put extreme 4 & 6 back up today, But only pre-order untill Monday.

11. OP
    OP
    OZeight

OZeight Member

Ahh that's good news! I'll put it back in my basket. Even though it's coming interstate and it costs $13 more than MSY it works out about the same because 90% of my build is also coming from PCCG so a motherboard only bumps up total shipping costs by $2. It's arguable that I could drive to MSY and back for the same cost but it's 40c outside and no aircon makes that a miserable journey. Gonna get it from PCCG instead :)

12. GBL

GBL (Taking a Break)

im waiting on more money, 2-4 weeks before i have the cash for a mobo cpu and gtx 570

the wait is the suck