1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic DMR-BW880 Twin Tuners not working

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by magnum308, Aug 17, 2021.

1. magnum308

magnum308 Member

Hi, we have the above machine - Blu-Ray recorder with twin tuners and 500Gb HD. But it will record only one program at a time. So obviously one of the tuner is not working as we cannot record two programs simultaneously, or there is some other issue.

As the machine was purchased quite a few years ago, does any one know what the issue may be and if there a parts available for it?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. connico

connico Member

Were you ever able to record two channels at the same time?

Cos when I read about it, the twin tuners enable you to record one channel and watch another?

3. power

power Member

4. OP
    OP
    magnum308

magnum308 Member

I thought it allowed you to record two programs and watch another. We also have a PVR (model DMR-HW220) and it allows us to record 2 shows and watch another.

5. power

power Member

unless the third program is a recording or you are using the tuner in the tv then i can't see it. tuners just don't work like that.

6. OP
    OP
    magnum308

magnum308 Member

No, it don't think you understand the issue we have with this machine. It does not allow us to program a second recording, it says it conflicts/overlaps with a previously set recording and will not set it. So I do believe it is a issue.

It is not on a machine I use all the time, it is in a another room with another TV that my wife usually watches and on which she records. So I am not that precise with the issue other than she can record only one program.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  7. power

power Member

i do understand i was only responding to the post you made not your original issue. i don't know what's wrong with it, tbh if there is a factory reset process maybe try that?

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  8. connico

connico Member

"conflicts/overlaps with a previously set recording" - might want to look if there is a recording scheduled or if you're trying to record the same channel?

Can you reset the box?

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  9. power

power Member

there will be something, two tuners means and always has

1 live and 1 recording.
    2 recordings, you may watch/timeshift one of them.
    2 recordings and playback a previous recording or use a tuner in another device.

that's it, check your time and any scheduled recordings/or reset the device to factory.

10. OP
    OP
    magnum308

magnum308 Member

Bingo! A factory reset or set to "Shipping Condition" did it, and the only thing we lost were the timer recording programmes which my wife can reset. The machine now records two programmes simultaneously. I just tried it and it works.

Thanks for all the good advice.

FuzwaldQO and power like this.
  11. srey

srey Member

Don't think that's quite complete. Admittedly I haven't had FTA hooked up in yonks, but when I did use a beyonwiz twin tuner we were always able to record two streams, plus watch a third channel that was carried on the same mux ad either of the recordings. So record ABC and 7, watch something live on 7 mate for example.

Might be a bit nitpicky, but I know some manufacturers would sell this as a 'feature' at the time.