[WORKLOG] Panda's Build, OCAU Test Bench

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by mad_mic3, Mar 11, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

In Transit

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Panda has flown the coopppppp, the courier picked him up:thumbup::)

2. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Well that's your commitment fulfilled. Thank you for your efforts, it's been a huge task and is appreciated. :thumbup:

3. killersaint

killersaint Member

The Panda has Landed

I repeat, Stealth Panda has landed!:D
    I have taken over our dining room, I'll get it plugged in, and see if anything pops out to me, as far as working this GFX issue out goes.

I'll also, be very keen for help (especially in regards to Liquid Cooling, I severely lack experience here) so if anyone is keen, I am in the outer Western Suburbs (near Calder Park) or I'll make some availability to come to you with Panda (within Greater Melbourne area), probably weekends.

I'll get in depth Thursday & Thursday Evening with it, but holy crap. :shock:

I cant even put words together properly to describe this thing. But here goes:

Pure, Unadulterated Technological Art.

4. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Fantastic news to hear it's arrived. Fingers crossed you can get it up and running quickly. :thumbup:

5. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

Can you outline exactly what the issue it? Heading past there on Friday (mid dayish). Might be able to stop in for a half hour or so on my way to Sydney if I get time (bit of a deadline) :lol:

6. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

I might be able to lend a hand on the loop etc., though not sure about ribbon issue. Located in Melton, so not far. What is the loop issue?

7. OP
    OP
    mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Killersaint is doing some testing at the moment with the ribbon:thumbup:

The GTX card is only on soft tube, that was to allow easy removal/ changing of the ribbons, if you have maybe a piece of 12mm hard tube "crystal link type" & a bender chord, that would give the front w/c all the same type

hope this helps:)

8. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

Ah yeah I get you... I should have some 12mm clear tubes (though not sure on lengths atm) and a crapload of fittings for fitting origami if need be... I also have some of Saate's famous 12.7mm fittings if you wanted to go copper on it... is it just the 2 runs (I am assuming CPU to GPU then GPU to wherever...?) or is it all the "front" stuff (CPU in and out, etc)?

9. OP
    OP
    mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Thier enough 12mm crystal link fitting, maybe take a spare o-ring or 2 just to be safe, ive done some but not 100% which 1's:thumbup:

10. killersaint

killersaint Member

We'll all be at work Friday, sorry :) But thanks for the offer! :)

11. iamSneaky

iamSneaky Member

Sorry for the late reply.
    Not sure if this may be an issue but thought i would mention.
    The 780 Classy 'might' have a modded BIOS, not sure if the previous owner
    flashed or not (I ran it how I received it), may want to check and if so flash back a stock BIOS.
    No idea if this would have an effect on the use of the ribbon cable? Who knows?

On the other hand, I had two 780 Classies, the one here and another which I have
    just received a brand new one back from RMA. I'd be quite happy to swap
    the cards, if the old card could be dropped off (I am in Epping 3076), I can put the
    waterblock on the new warranty replacement and see if that works?
    I'd offer to trouble shoot the ribbon issue but I have no prior experience with ribbons
    so would probably just be wasting time.

Shoot me a PM if you want to swap the cards.

:)

12. killersaint

killersaint Member

Hi Sneaky, yeah I am flying a little blind tbh, but 13yrs of Repairs, Builds, and Servers, I'll hopefully get it sorted.
    I think between the 6 ribbons Mic gave us, I should be ok. The Card seems OK, RAM switch made a bit of a difference, but today, I did some real world testing (Tossed on GRiD) and she decided enough was enough. So I'll have another look over the weekend. Look at the ribbon again. The original ribbon had a slight pinch, which seemed to be causing the Video to not work well...

I've done:
    Swapped RAM with Corsair Vengence 16Gb Kit
    Swapped Ribbon on GFX
    Learned how to navigate MadMic's masterpiece!

So currently, Stealth Panda:
    Boots up like a champ, first time, every time...
    Can sit stable, in Windows, running basic stuff (AV Scan, File Copies, driver installs etc.)

But... Craps out under game-type type load. (Grid, 3D Mark)

Ran memtest today for 5 passes. All groovy (Noted, it was also groovy with original Gskill RAM installed for 3 passes)

I have been offered some assistance this weekend with the WC system, so I am now searching, for some 12mm Acrylic Tube ("crystal link type") they might have spare that we can buy/steal to finish that part of the case with the new GFX card.
    So if anyone (pref Western Suburbs) has some, they can part with, let me know with a PM, and I'll organise it all.

Thanks

KillerSaint

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  13. OP
    OP
    mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Good to see your making some progress/headway:thumbup::)

14. BigDave

BigDave Member

15. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Pick up is an option - his name is Hugh, and he is on St Kilda rd - I was wording up PoC about him before - I am happy to chip in as well* :thumbup:

*after I pay off the $3k bill I just got for my car

16. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

I won't be able to get out to St Kilda Rd before tomorrow, but worst case scenario can pick some up in my travels on Monday/Tuesday and finish off the loop midweek if I can't sort any tube before tomorrow. I still haven't seen the loop, so not 100% on what is needed still...

17. BigDave

BigDave Member

Let me know the cost bank details and i'll send it to you :thumbup:

18. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

LOL all good mate, nary a better cause on the horizon :thumbup:

19. killersaint

killersaint Member

Hi guys, had a hectic 2 days, with Kid's Swimming, an 8th Birthday Party, and lots of other stuff. I **FINALLY** shot a Picture to pieceofchance this evening.
    If it can't get looked at until later next week, no drama's at all. (I am home all Thursday and part of Friday if that helps)
    I intend to whack it back up on the table tomorrow and keep on troubleshooting. So hopefully tomorrow Night I'll have another step or two forward.

Thanks!

20. pieceofchance

pieceofchance Member

Howdy mate, haven't got a pic as yet but is usually just my phone when that happens ... I still plan to be past tomorrow arvo, just likely will not be able to complete the job until I source toob from somewhere. I am out a fair bit this week all across the city so it won't be an issue to pick up on my travels.