1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm PW Soundbar Reviews

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by azn2k, Jun 29, 2020.

1. azn2k

azn2k Member

Hi all

I'm looking at getting this soundbar given its EOL, however I struggle to find any reviews compared to mainstream Yamaha, JBL, LG and Samsung Soundbar.

Anyone able to enlighten me if this soundbar sounds a little light on without a sub compared to say the YAS408? General use is for TV and kids entertainment.

2. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

I would suggest you did not look very hard, Found this in less then 30 seconds

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Paradigm+PW+Soundbar+Reviews&t=chromentp&atb=v225-7rf&ia=web

The problem will any review or reviewer is it's only one mans opinion, What he can write to satisfy the maker, and the advertiser. I sometimes think reviewers get paid per word written, and most go on with a load of rubbish about the non-existent details, that frankly matter not.

My suggestion would be to visit as many retail outlets and hear for yourself what you like or dislike regarding sound and cost. In short your paying for it not the reviewer, and remember your only going to get want you pay for, So if a sound bars worth $200 That's what your getting a 200 dollar soundbar. In theory the more you pay the better the product.

Check out Eastwood for some models and prices

3. OP
    OP
    azn2k

azn2k Member

My apologies, I meant comparative reviews of the Paradigm gear vs other mainstream brands.

Unfortunately Eastwood no longer sell Paradigm.

General advice though duly noted.

4. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

I have no idea where you got that story from Paradigm are one of there biggest sellers, They also lead the country in Paradigm sales

5. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

You will need to travel round different HiFi retailers, Very few carry competitive brands to Paradigm. Unless you want to stick with JB, and good luck with there rubbish

6. Holdenkicks

Holdenkicks Member

No, Life Style Store leads the country for paradigm actually.

the pw soundbar sounds great and does about as much bass as you can reasonably expect from a large soundbar. I have been selling sound bars including the paradigms for years and can’t think of any that beat it for bass (but sone match it, like the now discontinued Sonos playbase).

It will smash any Yamaha soundbar that does not have a separate subwoofer. Pm me and I’ll get you a pw soundbar cheap.

7. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

You can hardly compare a single store, with a multi-chain store, like the "lifestyle" network.

8. OP
    OP
    azn2k

azn2k Member

Appreciate all the advice.

I agree that the paradigm is a level above the mainstream brands. All I want to know is whether or not a lack of sub should be a deal-breaker?

The paradigm PW is an EOL product only Eastwood Hifi no longer stock them.

9. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

Yes I"m sorry I miss interpreted your earlier post thinking you where considering conventional speakers.

While Eastwood don't carry Paradigm Sound bars as a stock item., I'm sure they would get one in for you,
    At a very competitive price. No harm in asking.