1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Participants wanted for gaming behavior survey for PhD research - chance to win a $50 gift card

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by MStez, Mar 30, 2020.

1. MStez

MStez New Member

Dear Participant,

Express your opinions, belief and gaming experience.

You are invited to participate in a unique study about gaming, which aims to investigate the relationship between your personality, gaming experience and perspectives on strategies for reducing harmful gaming.

Who can participate?

You are invited to participate because you are 18 years or older Australian resident, speak English, and are a regular online gamer.

What will I be asked to do?

The survey will ask general demographic information about you, your gaming behaviour, history, activity and beliefs. It will then obtain your perspective on various employed and proposed harm reduction strategies aimed at problematic gaming behaviour.

How much time will the project take?

The survey will take approximately 15 or 20 minutes to complete.

Enter a draw to win a voucher.

There are no immediate benefits to the participants. Nevertheless, results obtained from this research may bring gamers perspectives to academic discussions regarding the implementation of harm reducing strategies. You will be able to enter a draw to win a voucher after completing the survey.

What will happen to my information?

Your data will be anonymous. Only the researchers will have access to the data and no identifying information will be present in the findings or in any subsequent publications.

Who do I contact if I have questions about the project?

If you have any queries regarding the study, please contact me at matthew.stevens@adelaide.edu.au

Yours sincerely,

Matthew Stevens, on behalf of the research team.

Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FZN9N75

2. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Hi,

We have hosted many such surveys on OCAU over the years, but generally people contact us to check we're OK with it before signing up and posting it. For example we appreciate it when researchers provide a link to any published studies or findings related to the survey.

Also, this subforum is for disussion of OCAU itself. I'll move this thread to our PC Gaming forum.

Cheers
    Agg