1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Participate in NVIDIA GTC for a chance to win a GeForce RTX 3080 Ti!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Agg, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Participate in the upcoming NVIDIA GTC for the chance to win an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card!

[​IMG]

It has been shown that Generative AI will have an impact on every industry and enterprise, as ChatGPT has taken the world by storm. At NVIDIA GTC, a global conference for the era of AI and the metaverse running online March 20-23, industry luminaries working on these breakthroughs will come together and share their visions to transform transportation. The possibilities are endless, from content generation for marketing, to virtual assistants, to chatbots, and many more. Come experience NVIDIA GTC for even more inspiring content, expert-led sessions, and a must-see keynote to accelerate your life’s work.

[​IMG]

How to enter:

1. The participants MUST register a free pass for NVIDIA GTC using THIS LINK https://nvda.ws/3GUdDeE
    2. The participants MUST join and watch any NVIDIA GTC session happening from March 20-23 2023 and post a screenshot from that session into the entries thread.
    3. The event is only open to residents of Australia, 18 years & older, who are members of OCAU Forums. Final eligibility for the award is subject to verification by OCAU.
    4. The prize is a single NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti video card, which will be won by an OCAU member.
    5. Postage costs within Australia will be paid by OCAU.
    6. Only one entry per member - duplicate posts in the entries thread will invalidate your entries.
    7. You don't need to pay to enter - there are free GTC sessions.
    8. The prize does not come with warranty or after service.
    9. The winner will be announced on March 31st in this thread and to the registered forum email of the winner.
    10. The winner will be randomly drawn from all valid entries.
    11. The winner must reply claiming their prize within 7 days or another winner will be selected.
    12. Watching live or on-demand is fine, but entry has to be posted to the entries thread during March 20-23 2023.
    13. OCAU reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions as required.

This thread is for discussion of the contest, so multiple replies in this thread are OK and won't invalidate your entries. But make sure you only post once in the entries thread.

rabih1978, Tasty_Vito, atech and 37 others like this.
  2. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Is that why I didn't win last time?
    Sorry for showing an interest in the thing and having a discussion. Will avoid the mistake of conversing on a forum this time :lol:

But seriously, good luck everyone, and I hope some of the topics discussed this time are as interesting as they were but I think so many people watched the last one for the 4000 series pricing announcement. Here's hoping we get a 5000 series reveal.

3. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Last time I forgot to make a separate entries thread so had this convoluted logic to avoid people with multiple posts getting multiple entries.. but it wasn't an auto disqualification, no. From memory it ended up not mattering anyway. But this time I have made a separate entries thread, so discussion in this thread is fine. :)

MUTMAN, Dass Booty, spillmill and 5 others like this.
  4. soung1234

soung1234 Member

SO is this an OCAU promo? Or Nvidia?

Can someone help with AEDT dates / times? I always get confused...

Edit: never mind, just logged in and it shows automatically (keynote: March 22, 2AM AEDT)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  5. OP
    OP
    Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

The prize is reserved for an OCAU member - and is on its way to me as we speak. I'll post a photo when it arrives, and I'll send it out to the winner.

CoD511, mrjayviper, Bertross and 2 others like this.
  6. Current

Current Member

Hell yeah.

Broken 1080ti, black screen about to give a shot at reflowing..... if it doesn't work, the 3080ti would be a blessing :)

7. Smuffy

Smuffy Member

Thanks Agg,
    Some interesting content, might have to get the coffee machine ready for this one and start work a little earlier :leet:

8. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Fairly sure (assuming new from nvidia) that would still have protections under consumer law;
    https://legalvision.com.au/consumer-guarantees-free-goods/

JSmith

Nethiuz and spillmill like this.
  9. cynicalmike

cynicalmike Member

can you do the random draw via live stream with screencast showing your software picking the winner?

10. Cinnamonbun

Cinnamonbun Member

So cool! What a great community to be part of. Good luck to the winner, I have never won such a thing but here is to trying

11. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I'm in! Not that I would say no if I was the lucky winner, but kinda slack of Nvidia to be giving away a two year old GPU given the new hotness has been out for a little while now.

motion2082 and spillmill like this.
  12. Madchimp

Madchimp Member

I was already planning on checking this out, and now have an extra reason :)

13. arasta

arasta Member

i wasnt sure what to think last time around (has it been that long already? sheesh) but it turned out there were some quite interesting discussions. definitely up for a look see what they have done in the time since..

14. Bertross

Bertross Member

Signed up, look interesting!

15. Seikeden

Seikeden Member

Hmmmm.... should I enter? could do with an upgrade... :lol:

MUTMAN and Agg like this.
  16. Dennis C

Dennis C Member

Already registered and will wait for the start. Thank you for the opportunity. Wish me luck!

17. argent

argent Member

Registered! Good luck everybody!

upload_2023-3-17_22-48-43.png

18. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

wait a minute :eek:

19. chook

chook Member

The question will be whether the gift is from Nvidia or OCAU (or whatever the appropriate legal entity under which that trading name operates).

20. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Wouldn't be surprised if it's second hand, in other words is an ex-demo/promo unit but this does not neccessary mean it was flogged or experienced heavy use just that it can't be sold as new as it was opened/handled. Considering the 3080Ti is no longer in distribution channels and it is afterall last gen tech, it's probably a reference card Nvidia have had floating around to show partners etc. Could be how they are getting away with the no warranty clause (second hand/not a retail product).

Just to clarify, the giving away of items like this is normal within the industry and not a bad thing. Usually it doesn't get much further than staying within the disty/retail channel just on this case it's been made available for the public to win through OCAU.