Parts Express group subwoofer order - Perth

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Forte, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Forte

Forte Member

Hi Guys,

After a long absence of building speakers since I sold LSK I'm finally re-discovering the hobby and about to embark on some new DIY subwoofer projects.

I'm going to be placing an order with http://www.parts-express.com/ shortly and was wondering if anyone else was interested in joining the order to reduce freight costs? Ideally in Perth to keep down any additional postage but if you are happy to pay the on-freight happy to do so.

Doesn't matter what you want to order (but no dangerous goods of course) - the freight will be split according to weight. We used to bring in 15-20 of the 15" DVC subwoofers at a time and I recall we got freight down to about $60 per unit (and that's airfreight, delivered here in 5 days usually).

So, been dreaming of a new project but cannot find the drivers locally? Let me know and we'll see if we can get a bulk order going...

Cheers

Marcus

2. protecon

protecon Member

I wouldn't mind getting some more cable.

3. OP
    OP
    Forte

Forte Member

No worries - let us know what you need and before we place the order we'll work out a rough estimate on freight. I'll ask for a deposit from everyone and then once the actual cost is known we'll pay the balance (for some reason actual freight costs from PE always vary from their initial estimates - often they vary down surprisingly!).

4. lithos

lithos Member

There are some really nice mini-mid-woofers I'm looking at (ie, the ones that cost $20ea from PE, but $120 here...)

Might be in on this...

5. Muchoman1

Muchoman1 Member

6. OP
    OP
    Forte

Forte Member

Hi Guys,

I just found out that LSK is the Australian agent now for Dayton drivers and their prices are very reasonable (in fact, same as US prices!) so I am going to shelve the idea of a direct import and buy my stuff from LSK instead.

Sorry about the false alarm, but the nostalgic in me can't resist becoming an LSK customer after sitting on the other side of the cash register for so many years!

Marcus

7. lithos

lithos Member

That.

Is.

Awesome.

Here's me looking at drivers:

"Hmm. That's a nice Peerless. And only $22US from PE...hmm, I'll see if there's an Aussie distributor - yup - now, let's check the price- $120au ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

8. jmoihl

jmoihl Member

Didn't LSK have a lot issues before? are they back operating as normal?

Interested in some DIY project but unfortunately in Brissy
    cheers

9. neRok

neRok Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  10. Red Spade

Red Spade Member

You can read about it here:
    http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/artic...um=idg.to-twitter&utm_content=awesm-publisher

Correct

Tuesday is the last day of the pre order! Yep just one day left.

http://www.theloudspeakerkit.com/