[WIN10] Password Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Operating Systems' started by Iron_Horse, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse Member

Hey everyone,
    Has anyone ever had an issue with Win 10 not remembering any password? Every time I open Outlook or any Adobe app it asks for a password every single time...

Michael

2. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Would recommend Bitwarden to remember all your passwords. Comes highly recommended.

NSanity likes this.
  3. philquad

philquad Member

is it microsoft office, not the online crap, if your password dont meet the criteria it may be why, i noticed it happens with hosting emails ? make sure its A@33n all them & 8 characters

4. OP
    OP
    Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse Member

I'll clarify.

When I open Outlook that connects to my hosted exchange it prompts me for the password everytime. My password format is very complex.

Adobe Creative Cloud signs me out after every close and relaunch of apps. I may just need to do a clean install.

5. philquad

philquad Member

try a office repair from add\remove programs perhaps
    i encounter this sometimes as i host a few other ppl's emails\website on my hosting
    nfi why it does it.

6. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

Yep, I've experienced this issue on four seperate client's machines this week, it's a result of the latest Windows update and it's a PITA as Microsoft don't seem interested in fixing it.

The only fix I've found is to sign into a MS Account if you're currently using a local account, if you're already using a MS Account and you're running Windows 10 Home you're screwed, as MS, once again, removed user choice and the option to revert back to a local account under Windows 10 Home.

It affects all stored credentials, including OneDrive and passwords saved under Chrome.

7. OP
    OP
    Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse Member

Absolutely disgraceful on behalf of Microsoft. It did only happen after an update. I am quite content using a local profile. This rot they are going on about trying to force you to use a Microsoft account is nuts.

Edit: Using Pro

flu!d likes this.
  8. flu!d

Call me a skeptic, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was yet another deliberate 'mistake' on behalf of Microsoft. They seem hell bent on forcing people onto MS accounts, personally I hate the things...

At least you're running Pro so you can switch back to a local account quickly and easily.

9. power

power Member

check Credential Manager.

just search it's in the Control Panel.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  10. flu!d

That won't do anything, in fact I bet the credentials aren't even there. If they save, after a seemingly random period of time they simply disappear and you have to log back into your email accounts again.

11. power

power Member

sounds awesome.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Not that but I've had plenty of other password issues. I thought it was a problem with something I had done, however a major update fixed it.

13. flu!d

I haven't come across an update yet that fixes it.

It's the biggest PITA. When you get a call from a client complaining of the issue your heart literally sinks...