Path of Exile

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by IpziRk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. dakcrack

dakcrack Member

I don't think it will be as good as D3 tho ... I will try it when/if it releases f2p

2. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Member

3. shadowarrior

shadowarrior Member

anyone managed to get some additional beta keys?
    on second note...what's the IRC channel and server?

4. moosi

moosi Member

closed beta, only way this game might get any revenue is if its released before diablo 3. Otherwise a clone like this will not live long enough to even be remembered.

5. karn1911

karn1911 Member

Played this for awhile; it was okay but the scenery and bestiary was quite dull after awhile.
    The beta itself is quite annoying in that there's no difference between any of the classes and only a certain number of builds can actually solo Maelstrom of Chaos at the end.
    Also huge luck factor in making items can be really frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. boneburner

boneburner Member

anyone got a key so i can check this out?

I will sing your praises and though my insides are all wrong, even have your babies!

7. boneburner

boneburner Member

8. fattcat

fattcat New Member

9. boneburner

boneburner Member

Beta greetings.

Well this is a lot of fun, considering this will be a f2p title, I'm quite impressed. It is a loot whore's dream game, with tons of chaff to be sorted from wheat, and sockets, sockets and more sockets.

Not to mention the skill tree, its massive and cRazY, I swear every time I get a skill point to spend it takes me five minutes to decide/remember which direction build wise I was going in.

Still a day and a half to go on the stress test open beta if anyone would like to check it out (download 3.6gb)

10. FiShy

FiShy Member

Can you reset skills?

Otherwise i am loving it so far

11. boneburner

boneburner Member

there is a rare orb that drops that allows a respec point - also a few of the quest offer respec points as rewards.

12. Petrov

Petrov Member

Played the open beta last weekend. Loved it to bits. Much more Diablo 1 feel to it than the Pokemon feel of Diablo 3 beta, which has too much hand holding for my liking.

I particularly liked the massive spider web of the passive skill tree, even if the customisability is a tad illusory. I thought the barter system and potion/flask system were both very well done.

The visuals ran superbly on a somewhat outdated legacy laptop.

It's what I wanted d3 to be. I hope to get a closed beta key, as Ill be playing this over d3.

Petrov.

13. FiShy

FiShy Member

Yea i loved it, the barter system is abit meh... so many different orbs and shit taking up space :)

14. boneburner

boneburner Member

15. Petrov

Petrov Member

After playing the open weekend, I've now donated and got access to the closed beta. I continue to enjoy it very much - the beta isn't huge, although much larger than D3 beta. I'm particularly enjoying planning builds.

Petrov.

16. boneburner

boneburner Member

The donation drive has gone well for them

So glad this is going well for them and most impressed by the number of diamond packs sold (1k a pop)

Also impressed that they eschewed the kickstarter bandwagon and went with their own home grown solution.

17. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

I'm tempted to pay $10 for a beta key...when is the release date? Is it online only?

18. boneburner

boneburner Member

Yes, online only, the word is that the game looks to go live sometime late July.

19. Petrov

Petrov Member

I can highly, highly recommend the game - even in beta state.

I played D2 for many years. I've also played the D3 beta a fair bit. I donated a decent chunk to PoE - but I've already got my money's worth and I'm not even close to having got tired of even this beta.

Petrov.

20. pete 2

pete 2 Member

i agree its very very good,although havn't been lucky to play d3 beta, lottsa peeps on poe who have and hold poe in higher regard,
    bugger i'll still have to get d3 though ,and then theres gw2 what a nice mess to be in.
    pete