Path of Exile

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by IpziRk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. XCelR8

XCelR8 Member

Yeh when i get into the corrupted areas the bosses are just freakishly hard, its almost not worth doing them because you die at least once or twice! Annoying!

2. hvalac

hvalac Member

I'm enjoying the new league though, has dominus been nerfed?
    I'm finding it a bit easier to get orbs but i'm still not finding uniques.
    So far by act 3 cruel i've got 6 vaal orbs, 6 chaos orbs, 2 regal orbs, 1 exalted and 1 unique.
    In normal I managed to score myself a multistrike gem and a portal gem.

Yeh normal boss areas were a breeze, cruel however are a who different ball park. I've died a fair few times now just trying to finish a corrupt area, flicker spider was a royal pain and so was the stupid giant guy whom summons totems everywhere.

3. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

so apparently vaal orbs are dropping uniques to rares, unlinking and unsocketing lol.

4. hvalac

hvalac Member

Well thanks for that useful piece of info there.

I've used 1 so far just to see what I could roll and I did get a pretty sweet 2h sword, slightly better than my current item but I had actually forgot to put more sockets on it... Now it seems like i did the right thing by forgetting.

5. Bravs

Bravs Member

Currently playing in Invasion League, still in Cruel though. Haven't had any difficulties with the corrupted areas. Only boss that was a challenge was the storm call totem boss that also do lightning strikes and moves so frickin fast. Did not have a chance to look at its name as was too busy running around and away from him. Playing in HC makes it a lot more fun trying not to die.

6. hvalac

hvalac Member

Rather crazy run tonight, after only having found 2 unique items up to the mud flats merciless I managed to score 4 within 50 minutes (3 were in 20 minutes).
    Came back later for another run and scored myself a 5th unique for the night.

7. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

wow... so long since the last post... No-one on OCAU playing this anymore?

To be fair I haven't touched the game since shortly after it launched... I really liked it and I chucked GGG $20 for my time, but the hardcore nature of the game and made it impossible for me to want to commit to it.

Just noticed they have a new expac coming, launch date in 10 days... Might have to give it another playthrough... I wonder what major changes there have been since launch.

8. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Waiting for the D3 mega patch to drop, I downloaded this on the weekend.

No-one playing anymore? I'm doing 'Warbands' as a Witch( I assume it's like Seasons in D3?) and having fun. Don't find it's too difficult at all. Dat skill tree...:tired:

9. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Just beat the new act on normal. It isn't.... very well designed imo. It seems to follow the old progression before they streamlined everything and the bosses are :tired: Feels more like I'm playing a bullet hell game at points.

10. break

break Member

Playing my first HC char through tempest league (have an 82 templar, 72 shadow, and 68 ranger on standard)

Up to Malachai with no deaths (I'm level 44, content is level 40) on my dual flame totem witch.

I must say... flame totem is OP.... both totems doing 2k dps, and that doesn't include the additional damage from my zombies and raging spirits in the mix. I'm dropping the act 4 bosses in 10-15s each.

11. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

So the last few days in warbands have been interesting.

• One of the major guilds released a crafting guide that guarantees +3 to sockets on bows/staves after buying up all the 6L's
    • Exalt: chaos ratio driven out of wack because of the guide (>70c:1 exalt last I checked)
    • It was found that crafting suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed and then scouring them would revert them to a blue with suffix/prefix kept. Making those +3 cheaper to craft.
    • Game dev in guild confirmed above but deleted post.
    • Development manifesto released saying it is as intended.

A lot of people are pretty mad as one guild managed to distort the economy to such an extent with the (likely) help of a dev.

12. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

Started playing this again a few days ago. Took a while to get back into it in terms of knowing my char's capabilities but the char is a lot stronger now than back in 1.3 or whenever I played last.

Found a Soul Taker last night from a tier 1 map boss yesterday so pretty stoked with that.

Also last time I played the chaos to exalt ratio was like 32:1. Pretty fubar now unfortunately. Although it seems easier to get chaos orbs these days.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  13. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Just started playing again and OMFG how it has changed for the better. Thought I would walk away from D3 and start thinking about what I have to do in a game again.

Anyone know who copied who? I'm guessing Blizzard did, since they copy everyone with a good idea and rework it and make it their own.

14. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

In regards to which specific feature?

15. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Well thinking about it and what I know what Blizzard always done in the past I pretty much know the answer already and would be surprised if I was wrong.

Just realized this thread is in the MMO? Thought it would be in the general thread like D3 or I'm missing something?

16. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

But who copied who about what though? that's what I don't understand.

If you're referring to a complex ARPG then GGG copied Blizzard as Blizzard did it first with D2.

17. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

18. shizmo

shizmo Member

Holy shit massive....

19. DNX

DNX Member

Yeah, really cool announcement.

Really nice changes, no more cruel/merciless just 10 Acts:)

20. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Started playing this on the weekend. It's awesome. Enjoying it more than D3. :thumbup: