Path of Exile

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by IpziRk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Noice. I bought some more gear and got my hp up a bit. Resists are up a bit too so I don't need to care about that map mod. Finally figured out my skill tree and got a couple more jewels as well. Need to switch to another +% hp jewel or two though, as each %hp is giving me like 20 hp which is crazy (I was told it should generally be around 7-8).

Also got a lvl21, 23qual vaal lightning trap for 1c from some korean guy... and a decent +1 traps thrown gloves with a bunch of hp on it for only 10c. Isn't the best rolls, but even the shit rolled ones are like 60+c so it'll do for now :)

Overall some good upgrades to hopefully make the transition into red maps. Still only 4.7k hp tho so I get 1shot by some boss stuff :(

2. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

So, giving this a third attempt! I have played it in 2 previous leagues before, both times got to mid 40's before I stopped playing! Giving cyclone duelist a go this time round.

3. hvalac

hvalac Member

Follow ziggys guide, I started with mathils guide but found it too aggressive for myself then re-specced with some mixed variations and minor changes into the ziggy build.

Currently level 90 and smashing red maps, level 138 in delve but still getting 1 shot from those damned legions...... only have 4.7khp though.

4. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I picked this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2514647
    It was high ranked on poebuilds so figured why not - lets be honest I havent ever made it far enough for the build to matter THAT much, maybe this time I will :p Enjoying the toon so far.

5. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

I don't think that changes right? It seems everyone complains about 1shots, so I think a lot of that stuff is just designed to be 1-shot mechanics that you must avoid.

I'm used to legion packs and don't die to them anymore... will often die to the first time I encounter a boss in a new map though. Did colosseum last night and thought I'd killed the boss, only for him to heal up twice and me kill him 2 more times and think finally he's done, stop moving for 1s and he heals AGAIN and jumps on me ant 1shots me :< rofl

6. darknebula

darknebula Member

uber elder.jpg Just downed Uber Elder for the first time, my god that's an intense fight

7. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Gz man! Yeh was pretty intense fight... I quite like those fights tbh

Did it with about 5.2k hp I think, lol... but I have like 40% spell dodge... I get completely one shot to literally any single ability, but only 40% of the time :lol: I managed to get my first deathless uber elder a week after the first kill though, with about 5.6k hp...

My mate quit the league and gave me all his stuff on the weekend... "all his stuff" included a headhunter, inspired learning and a full set of tornadoshot gear including a mirror tier bow worth like 400+ex :| After using headhunter (even on my char that is not even remotely built for a headhunter), the difference is so big I don't think I'll be able to go back, haha. My god its so damn fast.

8. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Me and the misses have dedicated a fair whack of time to this league this time around.

She loves the trading side of things and we have just finished grabbing all maps, uniques and are now getting some bulk $$$ for the god rolled items in our builds.

Running a duelist cyclone build that's been working out pretty damn well. Focuses more on weapon range and impale damage. level 84 atm with 150kdps and my cyclone fills screen top to bottom @ 1440p (only said if PoE does scaling of any sorts) :D

Need to get a fairly good Atziri's 2-handed or a shaped vaal axe, still deciding on what is best.

9. Onthax

Onthax Member

Gave HC SSF a go this round, really enjoying it,

Having to build really interestingly (wanting to go CI and Energy Shield) which makes it challenging.
    the blight TD stuff is loot heaven early on as well.

Anyone on this league?

10. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Anyone going to be playing in delirium league once it's up??

11. darknebula

darknebula Member

Can't wait! As always i probably wont decide what build to play until the night before though

12. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Yeah them feels ... think I specified my molten strike jugger build wrong so might try to find the right build in std league then go back to delirium. Or I might just use the cyclone slayer or arc wizard starter builds.

13. darknebula

darknebula Member

I rolled arc mines last league and had a ball with it

14. shizmo

shizmo Member

So hyped for this league... My starter will be Blade Vortex Poison Explosions I think.

Then dabble with some of the ridic wand stuff...

15. mojododo

mojododo Member

How is everyone finding the new league mechanic in maps? Loving the content but damn they are strong with the exploding balls that are fairly hidden against the grey and also the fast jumping and punching guys are one shot beasts!

16. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

liking the new league, although haven't really played that much. going for scourge arrow + poison prolif pathfinder to get some good clear speeds, with the misses going zombie horde. we seem to be doing really well so far.