Patriot Memory Serial Number

Discussion in 'Memory' started by ausduckz, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ausduckz

ausduckz Member

I need to RMA a set of RAM back (PVT36G2000LLK), but the place of purchase need the serial number apparently.

I can't seem to find anywhere that displays the serial number. The numbers on the sticks themselves seem too generic to be the serial number, and if I fire up Thaiphoon Burner, the serial number displayed here is too generic to be a valid serial number also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Datsun 1600

Datsun 1600 Member

The number under the bar code should be the serial number, I would think.

3. Groff

Groff Member

Did you end up sorting it out? Crucial RAM has the same problem. The store I bought the ram off wouldn't do a straight replacement (intermittent fault) because there was no serial to link it to. They had to send it back to Crucial and get their ok before replacing it.

4. museumman

museumman Member

I found Patriots lack of ethics on replacements more than I wish to support with my shopping dollar.

5. OP
    OP
    ausduckz

ausduckz Member

It's still on going. The last status update was that they've sent it back to the distributor for further testing and remedy, even though before that status update, I had been emailed and asked if a 2x4GB kit was an acceptable replacement.

6. Groff

Groff Member

That'll work well in triple channel won't it :rolleyes: - They have no idea.

7. OP
    OP
    ausduckz

ausduckz Member

I just received a 2x4GB (PV38G160C0K) replacement kit yesterday.

Pity I have no use for it at the moment.

I already had other RAM replaced in the system this RMA kit came out of, 4x4GB Crucial stuff, which still runs in triple channel.