PC instantly boots up after It's shut down.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Bishopwarrior, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Bishopwarrior

Bishopwarrior Member

Hi as the title when I shut down my pc down it almost instantly powers back up. Pc is about 2 month old and has been doing this on and off since I got it built

Samsung 860 EVO 2.5in SATA SSD 2TB
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro
    Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Extreme 11GB
    Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB
    ASRock X470 Master SLI Motherboard
    Corsair HX1000i Platinum 1000W Power Supply
    Microsoft Windows 10
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W

2. FNQer

FNQer Member

the shut-down, reboot is the only issue?

not as simple as....?
    1. Go to Windows Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional power settings.
    2. Click Choose what the power button does, then click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    3. Disable the Turn on fast startup feature.
    4. Save changes and shut down the PC to see if the issue has been fixed.

3. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

Check bios for "always on" setting.

Also, I had a similar issue that I traced to a LAN port that for some reason was triggering power-up.
    I found that through event viewer.

Has it got an Intel gigabit?

4. OP
    OP
    Bishopwarrior

Bishopwarrior Member

This seems to have fixed it for now but will have to see over the next few days as the issues fixes itself every now and then.

The only other issue I'm having is a lot crackling through my speakers with more crackling the higher my cpu usage is.

5. FNQer

FNQer Member

Uninstall and reinstall sound drivers?

is the spkrs connected via USB, or 3.5 mm audio jack? if you got both connections, try the other, to see if crackles still continue.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. philquad

philquad Member

7. OP
    OP
    Bishopwarrior

Bishopwarrior Member

speakers connected via optical cable and I don't have any other connection types to test with.

I've updated to the latest drivers which has reduced the crackling and after some testing the crackling only happens when the system is under load and there's sound. Absolutely no crackling when there's nothing playing regardless of load. And to be clear this isn't crackling like a dodgy cable would make it's just random cracks at random volume. Sound quality is not affected.

8. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

i had some crackle. but havent had it for quite some time. no hardware changes...maybe a software update occurred over time..as windows updates some things.
    n.f.i. :p
    maybe the hardware just wore itself in....

9. FOTW

FOTW Member

Try updating the BIOS to latest version if you already haven't, I found this has fixed shutdown/restart issues with some MBs. Try using a usb sound device (ie USB headset) and see if you get crackling, if no crackling with USb deive it could indicate you have a slight static or voltage leak on your mai nboard to your sound card (I assume its a on board sound card?), could be caused when the voltage of the CPU goes up when its stressed. If you get crackling with your USB device most likely either a software or driver issue. However I've seen this caused by loads off different things, dodgey RAM and CPUs are the next most common. Poorly earthed power socket or dirty power supply.

Ive also had people who when listening to any sound streamed over internet will intermittently crackle or distort however anything played from computers hdd was fine ended up being the internal wifi. USB wifi dongle fixed it.

Also might be a good idea to test your amp and speakers out on another device just in case its just them.

And other times it just goes away on its own especially for new builds.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  10. FNQer

FNQer Member

do you have a spare optical cable, just to rule it out?

11. FNQer

FNQer Member

can you try the spkrs on another setup, with same cable, then?

12. PersianImmortal

PersianImmortal Member

Test the RAM as suggested, but if that's not at fault, I'd say the reboot problem and the crackling are both related to a voltage issue under certain loads, leading to the PSU or motherboard being an issue. Try monitoring your voltages in HWInfo - specifically the 3, 5 and 12V rails and see if they vary a great deal under sharp loads.

13. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Possibly interference from the vrm’s as the cpu goes under load?
    Lock down the cpu multiplier, voltages, etc and test.

I’m leaning towards audio drivers too as I have a laptop with crackly onboard speakers until I had to reinstall the os and (different?) drivers as it is now fine.