PC's Not Showing On Network: Function Discovery Providor Host

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Deus_Ex_Machina, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Hi All,
    So I have 2 PC's and to get one to see the other in Win 10 I have to manually restart this service on the PC I'm wanting to access/view on the network. I have it set to automatically start (delayed) however does nto seem to work.

Can anyone tell me how to restart this service maybe via a script say 1 minute after the PC starts?

Cheers :)

2. power

power Member

what do the event logs look like?

3. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Bit of a dumb dumb when it comes to this power. I can look at event viewer but stuffed if I can find that specific process to copy and paste out? If you are able to guide me a little I'd be much obliged.

For clarity when I look at that machine after a fresh start the process is running but it still won;t appear on other PC's until I force a restart of the process.

4. power

power Member

5. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

These are the only warnings/eros I can find in system or application and neither jump out at me as being related?
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

6. OP
    OP
    Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Hi Guys,
    I have no idea what has happened but it seems to be working for the last week or so despite the server being turned on and off a dozen times? Who bloody knows.