pfSense LTE Backup

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by CountParadox, Oct 31, 2019.

1. CountParadox

CountParadox Member

Hey guys,

Been trying to get my pfSense to use my Optus LTE as a backup WAN, been struggling with it a bit because I have been a cheapass about it lol

I have been trying to use an E3372 USB dongle to pass through the connection to pfsense, but pfsense doesnt see it. I have tried flashing to stick mode to no avail, it seems to be locked in hilink mode.

pfsense does not seem to have the RNDIS drivers enabled for the USB tethering either so that seems out of the question. I did attempt to sideload the kernel modules for RNDIS from FreeBSD11 into my pfsense but just ended up killing it... hahah.....

Should I bite the bullet and buy a Netgear LB1120 or does anybody have any other ideas ? :)

2. ir0nhide

ir0nhide Member

I've recently resorted to using the Netgear LB1120 and it works well (especially in bridge mode). Will never go back to USB dongles for WAN links.

FYI Meraki are now making one too, probably because 15.x broke USB dongles even harder: https://meraki.cisco.com/products/cellular#models